Home  ▶  Get in touch  ▶  Forum  ▶  May vs. Sept 2021 - Swiss honeymoon postponed

May vs. Sept 2021 - Swiss honeymoon postponed

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
cbianchi
cbianchi
6 posts
Apr 23, 2020 - 5:30 PM

First, thank you for everyone who took time to answer all my questions about our September 2020 3-week honeymoon. While we haven't cancelled our trip (or wedding for that matter) yet, I am starting to come up with plan B. I've searched the forums and read trip reviews/comparisons of spring vs. fall travel. However, I could use your entirely subjective expert opinions again!

If you were to spend 18 days exploring using the linked itinerary, would you travel in May 2021 or September 2021 and why? www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/16-days-honeymoon-in-switzerland-september

Thank you all in advance for your insight!

Christina

Last modified on Apr 23, 2020 - 5:34 PM by cbianchi
Ildiko
Ildiko
948 posts
top member &
Apr 23, 2020 - 8:31 PM in reply to cbianchi

Hi Christina,

I think it is a clever thing to have a plan B nowadays. I, personally love both months (and even April and October). If you are coming in May you can see more flowers, but you cannot hike at high altitude. If you are coming in September you'll see fewer flowers but you can hike everywhere. So it depends on your plans. Weather can be changeable in both months. Also check this one: www.myswissalps.com/besttimetovisit. And this one too: www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/season-to-travel-in-switzerland

Ildiko

Also read: www.myswissalps.com/weather and www.myswissalps.com/hiking.

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
7481 posts
expert
Apr 24, 2020 - 12:19 AM in reply to cbianchi

Hi Christina -

<<"However, I could use your entirely subjective expert opinions again!">>

I think that the earlier thread is still valid. If you go in May, the Alps have many things not available, as discussed in that thread.

Slowpoke

cbianchi
cbianchi
6 posts
Apr 25, 2020 - 4:12 AM

Thank you both! We are leaning towards September 2021, but did want to make sure we took opinions and options into account. Appreciate your feedback!

Rels
Rels
126 posts
Rels
Rels
126 posts
Apr 25, 2020 - 5:51 AM

Hi again,

Forgot to mention that a lot of my photos are attached further down in the comments section of some of the reports.

Cheers,

Narelle

PS Have been to many of your National Parks, and they are amazing! Loved the Tetons too!

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2020