Medical centre in Zermatt for rabies vaccination

Medical centre in Zermatt for rabies vaccination

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Jun 25, 2017 - 4:52 PM

This is an unusual request and a bit of a shot in the dark but I would appreciate any assistance if someone knows the answer to my question. I am travelling in Switzerland in July and will be in Zermatt on 16 July. At present I am in Myanmar and unfortunately was bitten by a dog requiring me to have a rabies vaccination. I will need the third in the series of injections on 16 July whilst in Zermatt and I wondered if anyone knows of a medical centre in Zermatt where this can be done, or would someone know contact details of a medical professional in Zermatt whom I can get in touch with to discuss how viable this is.

Many thanks

Bill

lkdf62
lkdf62
30 posts
Jun 25, 2017 - 11:49 PM in reply to Removed user

Bill,

There are several MD's listed in Zermatt. Below is a url / linkl.

https://www.zermatt.ch /en/Media/Services-shops-commerce?SearchText=doctor

lkdf62

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
4489 posts
expert
Jun 26, 2017 - 1:49 AM in reply to Removed user

In addition to the helpful reply from ikdf62, there is a "Doc in a Box" at main stations, such as Bern, Luzern, Zürich.

Don't know what is available close to Zermatt, but the tourist info there can definitely guide you. Might check in Brig on the way through.

Slowpoke.

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Jun 26, 2017 - 3:29 AM

Excellent information from both of you - many thanks once again to the people on this forum; it is such a great help and resource.

Best regards

Bill

Alpenrose666
Alpenrose666
2137 posts
top member
Jun 26, 2017 - 3:47 AM in reply to Removed user

Hi Bill,

I wouldn't be surprised if the vaccine had to be specially ordered in, or you might have to attend a centre elsewhere in Switzerland to receive the vaccination.

It might be worth making enquiries through the Swiss Rabies Centre.

www.ivi.admin.ch/ivi/e n/home/diagnostik/schw eizerische-tollwutzentrale.html

Alpenrose

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Jun 26, 2017 - 10:59 AM in reply to Alpenrose666

Thanks Alpenrose - i will certainly make specific enquiries to make sure I can get the vaccine whilst I am in the country - I am assured Switzerland has been rabies free for some time so perhaps there is no need for stocks of vaccine to be held.

I appreciate your help.

Bill

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018