Medical centre in Zermatt for rabies vaccination

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 June 2017 at 16:52:39 #812408

This is an unusual request and a bit of a shot in the dark but I would appreciate any assistance if someone knows the answer to my question. I am travelling in Switzerland in July and will be in Zermatt on 16 July. At present I am in Myanmar and unfortunately was bitten by a dog requiring me to have a rabies vaccination. I will need the third in the series of injections on 16 July whilst in Zermatt and I wondered if anyone knows of a medical centre in Zermatt where this can be done, or would someone know contact details of a medical professional in Zermatt whom I can get in touch with to discuss how viable this is.

Many thanks

Bill

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

lkdf62
    Participant
    41 posts
    25 June 2017 at 23:49:36 #865764

Bill,

There are several MD’s listed in Zermatt. Below is a url / linkl.

https://www.zermatt.ch /en/Media/Services-shops-commerce?SearchText=doctor

lkdf62

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    26 June 2017 at 1:49:53 #865765

In addition to the helpful reply from ikdf62, there is a “Doc in a Box” at main stations, such as Bern, Luzern, Zürich.

Don’t know what is available close to Zermatt, but the tourist info there can definitely guide you. Might check in Brig on the way through.

Slowpoke.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 June 2017 at 3:29:53 #865766

Excellent information from both of you – many thanks once again to the people on this forum; it is such a great help and resource.

Best regards

Bill

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 June 2017 at 3:47:05 #865767

Hi Bill,

I wouldn’t be surprised if the vaccine had to be specially ordered in, or you might have to attend a centre elsewhere in Switzerland to receive the vaccination.

It might be worth making enquiries through the Swiss Rabies Centre.

http://www.ivi.admin.ch/ivi/e n/home/diagnostik/schw eizerische-tollwutzentrale.html

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 June 2017 at 10:59:41 #865768

Thanks Alpenrose – i will certainly make specific enquiries to make sure I can get the vaccine whilst I am in the country – I am assured Switzerland has been rabies free for some time so perhaps there is no need for stocks of vaccine to be held.

I appreciate your help.

Bill

• The thread ‘Medical centre in Zermatt for rabies vaccination’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.