MGB ticketshop has not emailed our reservation

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 August 2018 at 19:36:11 #817688

We purchased Eurail passes, have hotels lined up for St. Moritz and Zermatt, made reservations for the Glacier Express on August 21, have the confirmation number but the promised email from MGB Ticketshop with details has not arrived. The reservation fee of $90.20 was purchased July 31, a promise of an email where we could print up the reservation ” being sent shortly” has not arrived yet, the fee was posted in our account August 1. We have emailed them with the confirmation # they sent us, but that is all we have, and they have not responded. How can we be sure we can be seated? If they don’t email us the details, can we take the confirmation # to any rail station and get our printed reservations that way? Thank you for any help you might offer. Ron and Linda

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    6 August 2018 at 7:08:07 #893363

Hi Ron and Linda,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! I’ve not used that shop before, but my guess is that your reservation is fine and there’s an issue getting it delivered to you. The confirmation number can’t be used as a reservation and probably won’t be helpful at most Swiss train stations either. Staff at an MGB station (e.g. Zermatt) might be able to get you the reservations if you give them the confirmation number. I would not wait until then though, and rather call them.

They may have sent both the reservation and a reply to you, i.e. there might be an issue with your e-mail provider. I’ve seen such issues before, where legitimate e-mails are being blocked by some e-mail providers. So, you can best call them or try again using a different e-mail address from a different provider. I’d go with calling first. Also, do check your spam folder if you haven’t already!

I hope this helps you out!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 August 2018 at 18:01:27 #893364

Thank you, Arno. You have a good grasp of my dilemma. I have been checking junk/spam/trash for the past six days, but no luck. I have written several emails and no response so as you suggested, I called them. I got an immediate answer, a willingness to send the reservation on the spot, spoken in beautiful English. She assured me she had my email. However, it didn’t come either! So tomorrow when they are open again I will call and explain that my email doesn’t seem to work and give them our daughter’s email. I will get the seating/time of departure and ask if our daughter’s email also doesn’t work, if we might pick up the reservation the night before at the station in St. Moritz. Will let you know how this works out. Thank you so much. I have been planning this literally for years. It means a lot. Linda

Arno
    15471 posts
    6 August 2018 at 18:20:45 #893365

Thanks for the update Linda. Sounds like it’s indeed an issue with your e-mail provider. This happens quite a lot and can be frustrating as the recipient may think it has never been sent and the sender may not be aware of the issue. Anyway, this will be solved one way or the other. Pick up at the station will most probably be possible. I now recall I did that many years ago in Zermatt, before they had a webshop.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 August 2018 at 21:53:33 #893366

Arno, you were right about everything. I called the MGB Ticketshop again and gave them my daughter’s email. I also asked should that not work if we would be able to go to the train station in St. Moritz with our confirmation number and receive the reservations. The answer was yes. She gave us our seats/couch/departure time and promised to send the reservations to my daughter. It worked, though my daughter did have to look for them in spam. They were in her spam. Now they are printed up and ready to go thanks to your encouragement and direction. Thank you so much. Linda

• The thread ‘MGB ticketshop has not emailed our reservation’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.