Migros M-Budget Room in St. Gallen

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Peterli
Peterli
870 posts
top member
Nov 3, 2018 - 7:20 PM

The Hotel Säntispark in Abtwil, Saint Gallen now has a Migros M-Budget room. For photos and a link to the hotel, look at this: www.thelocal.ch/201811 02/migros-m-budget-mbudget-hotel-room-opens-in-st-gallen-santispark The hotel is about a 13 minute bus ride (line 7) and then a 2 minute walk from Saint Gallen HB.

Last modified on Nov 3, 2018 - 8:05 PM by Peterli
Lucas
Lucas
10496 posts
top member
Nov 4, 2018 - 10:09 AM in reply to Peterli

Not sure if that is my style - though I did always shop at Migros! :)

Thanks for the link Peter!

Peterli
Peterli
870 posts
top member
Nov 4, 2018 - 9:05 PM in reply to Lucas

Hello Lucas,

You said << Not sure if that is my style - though I did always shop at Migros! :) >>

Now I'm curious. What do you figure would not be your "style" ? You don't like all that green ? And do you no longer shop at Migros ? Migros and Coop are my go-to food stores ! Both of these are facing increased competition from the German Lidl and Aldi as they are expanding in Switzerland.

Lucas
Lucas
10496 posts
top member
Nov 5, 2018 - 7:47 AM in reply to Peterli

Ya too much green branding for me! haha.

I'm currently living in Berlin so no more Migros for me. :(

I did shop at an Aldi near Zurich HB from time to time. There were a few items I liked from Germany I couldn't find at Swiss stores (a specific Frischkäse and pickled peppers) otherwise I always used Migros.

Arno
Arno
13644 posts
expert &
Nov 5, 2018 - 11:07 AM

Nice! Migros gets a 10 for creativity :-) Their room is part of another hotel, and there is a Migros supermarket across the street of course!

www.hotel-saentispark.ch/en/Room s/M-Budget-Room

Lucas
Lucas
10496 posts
top member
Nov 5, 2018 - 2:24 PM in reply to Arno

Yeah, funny that it isn't a hotel but rather just one room at a hotel. Unknowing tourists might be confused! haha

Peterli
Peterli
870 posts
top member
Nov 6, 2018 - 1:28 AM

The 99 CHF charge for the M-Budget room is only for certain nights, not including weekends. If I am ever over in the Saint Gallen area and need a place to stay for a night or two, I will definitely see if I can stay in the M-Budget room. The big orange MM has been in my blood since my teen years !

As Arno has already stated, there is a Migros supermarket right across the street. And there is also a Migros restaurant, all kinds of other shopping, and also a huge water slides area which kids (young and old) will love. On the attached map, I have underlined in orange the hotel, the two Migros, the shopping centre (Einkaufszentrum) which also has a Denner (mostly owned by Migros), and I put a red oval around the complex with the water slides (Rutschenwelt).

Last modified on Nov 6, 2018 - 1:39 AM by Peterli
Please login to see the attached documents

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019