Milan-Interlaken

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 May 2012 at 23:22:16 #805267

Hello,
    1. I’m trying to book train tickets from Milan to Interlaken, the SBB website requires the ticket to be collected at Switzerland counter or to be shipped. Beside this and raileurope.com, do i have other alternatives to book ticket directly online?

2. Since i’ll be only 2 days in Switzerland, is it worth to buy the Swiss Pass? Or better get point to point ticket?
    Milan-Interlaken
    Around Interlaken
    Interlaken-Lucerne
    Lucerne-Engelberg-Mt Titlis
    Lucerne-Paris

If i come down early from Mt Titlis, perhaps i will visit Zurich around 3 hrs before heading back to Lucerne.
    Highly appreciate some feedback.

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    17 May 2012 at 1:47:35 #836125

Where are you from nahsa?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 May 2012 at 1:49:08 #836126

I’m from Malaysia and will be travelling with 6 other friends

Annika
    7116 posts
    18 May 2012 at 11:24:01 #836127

Hi nahsa. For a 2 day stay my advice is to purchase Swiss Half Fare Cards for all travelers. That allows a 50% discount on nearly all trips within Swiss borders, so you’ll have to buy regular tickets for the legs Milan-Swiss border (depending on your train connection most probably Domodossola) and Swiss border (most probably Basel-Paris). The Swiss Half Fare Card page shows all details and includes a downloadable map showing the area of validity. As for your ticket Milan-Interlaken: SBB, Rail Europe Singapore and Trainticket would be good sources for your order.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 May 2012 at 12:40:49 #836128

Thanks Annika. Problem i’m having now is that most website i went to do the purchase does not allow me to print the ticket online instead its either delivered to my home where delivery charges cost almost half or almost the same as my ticket.
    Same goes with SBB, i tried to purchase and the ticket can either be sent home or collected at the Switzerland station. Of course its impossible for me to collect ticket Milan-Interlaken or Milan-Spiez from Swiss counter 🙁

Perhaps i need to inquire whether my Milan hotel would accept delivery.

Anyway thanks for the feedback

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 May 2012 at 3:37:30 #836129

Hi, finally i managed to place a booking on Trentalia. But its from Milan-Spiez. Should i puchase Spiez-Interlaken online? How far is the interchange platform to the ticket counter. I see the next train departs to Interlaken from Spiez around 12mins after we stopped.

Annika
    7116 posts
    20 May 2012 at 11:14:21 #836130

Hi nahsa. As far as I know, there are no resellers yet that issue e-tickets for Switzerland. The SBB does sometimes, but not for all tickets.
    You don’t have to buy your ticket for Spiez-Interlaken online. I’d just buy it on the spot if I were you. You’ll find ticketing machines close to the platforms. If you should miss out on your train to Interlaken, don’t worry: several trains leave each hour.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 May 2012 at 11:58:45 #836131

Ok thanks for the info

• The thread ‘Milan-Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.