Milan – Lucerne via Lugano with Swiss Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 November 2015 at 12:04:52 #808143

Ive bought the Swiss Pass and hope to start the swiss pass from the day i arrived at Milan. Knowing that I cant use it when im in Milan Malpensa airport. I thought of the following plan

Milan Malpensa Airport -Lugano via Malpensa Express Bus @ 25 CHF duration 1hr 10mins

Im not taking the train to Milan Centrale Station to head Lucerne because it is expensive and doesnt make sense to pay when i have SWISS PASS. So i thought it will be wiser to take a bus to Lugano and hop on the train to Lucerne with my 8 days SWISS pass.

1) Do you think this is feasible? Can i really use my SWISS PASS this way?

2) Is the bus stop at Lugano FFS near Lugano Train station?

hope u can advice! Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    23 November 2015 at 13:42:25 #847071

Hi travelswiss, welcome to MySwissAlps,

I’ll assume you do not have a Swiss Pass, but a Swiss Travel Pass (see here for the difference please).

1) Yes, that route makes sense. The Swiss Travel Pass covers the ride from Lugano to Lucerne for free. If you would board a train in Milan that would be fine too: you just need a ticket to the Swiss border (Chiasso) in that case, because your pass covers the rest. I don’t think this option would be more expensive, so you can just pick the route that suits you best.

2) Yes, “Lugano FFS” is the rail station.

Have a good trip!

• The thread ‘Milan – Lucerne via Lugano with Swiss Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.