Milan to Jungfraujoch to London from 23/10 – 25/10

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 September 2017 at 15:11:14 #813173

We are visiting Europe for the first time for work and leisure. We have 2 unplanned days from 23/10/2017 afternoon to 25/10/22017. We would like to visit Jungfraujoch from Milan on the 23rd and leave for London on the 25th. Would need advise on the travel and accommodation. Would also like to know whether there are any guided tours and the estimate cost for all these activities.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 September 2017 at 15:50:14 #869427

Hi ivanycteo and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Are you planning on staying in Switzerland or are you based in Milan for your entire trip? I couldn’t tell from your message.

Jungfraujoch is not something you can do from Milan in a day. Are you able to come and stay one or two nights in Switzerland? We have a list of Jungfraujoch tours here, but they all start and end either in Zurich or Lucerne. If you do the trip on your own I would recommend staying in Interlaken.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 September 2017 at 16:04:50 #869428

Hi Lucas,

We are planning to travel to Jungfraujoch from Milan on 23/10 and stay till the morning of the 25/10 and leave for London from there.

Is a guided tour advisable for first time travellers?

Would be good if you could let us know how we can travel from Milan and leave for London.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 September 2017 at 16:15:40 #869429

I would recommend staying in Interlaken I think for the 23rd and 24th. It has great train connections to Jungfraujoch and around Switzerland.

You can easily train from Milan to Interlaken – use the Swiss railways timetable to plan your trip.
    I don’t think you need a guided tour but that is a personal choice.

If you think you might go on your own, you can read about how to get to Jungfraujoch here.

For travel around Switzerland it would be the simplest option to buy a 3 day Swiss Travel Pass (valid for within Switzerland). So as to avoid buying train tickets for each trip you take while you are here.

I’m not sure if you want to train to London or take a plane?

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 September 2017 at 16:21:57 #869430

Hi Lucas

Thank you for your prompt response. We are probably looking to take a plane to London. However, if there are overnight trains with nice sceneries along the way, we might consider taking a train too but the duration might be a concern though. Can you let me know your suggestion.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    4 September 2017 at 20:27:30 #869431

Hi Ivanycteo-

<<<“aking a train too but the duration might be a concern though.”>>

Check the timetable. Frequent rains from Interlaken Ost to London, St. Pancras via Basel take about 9 hours with an awkward station to station transfer in Paris.

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 September 2017 at 4:44:11 #869432

Hi Slowpoke and Lucas,

Thank you for your reply. We plan to arrive by train from Milan to Grindelwald and stay over the evening on 23/10/2017. We will explore Jungfraujoch on 24/10/2017 and stay at the hotel in Grindelwald. We will leave for London from Gridnelwald from the morning of 25/10/2017 by plane.

Please advise the recommended itinerary for this arrangement.

Thank you.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 September 2017 at 9:57:50 #869433

Are you wanting ideas of what to do in Grindelwald during your two day stay?

Certainly there are lots of mountain visits to be made! Have a look here for a list of our recommended activities in the area.

Cheers!
    Lucas

• The thread ‘Milan to Jungfraujoch to London from 23/10 – 25/10’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.