Milan to Spiez with Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 July 2018 at 12:31:53 #817094

Hi,

I will be traveling from Milan to Spiez in August end. I plan to buy 4 days swiss travel pass online in advance. Should I buy the train tickets from Milan to Domodossola and then show my swiss travel pass for the remaining journey (i.e., Domodossola to Spiez). Will that work since I will be buying swiss travel pass online and it would not be validated until then. Also, is it likely to be crowded, do I need a seat reservation from Domodossola to Spiez. Or should I buy tickets from Milan to Spiez? The difference in price is 60 euros for 2 people.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 July 2018 at 15:40:16 #890291

Hi testing123 and welcome to MySwissAlps! Nice name. 🙂

Your first option is correct. Buy tickets from Milan to Domodossola and then show your Swiss Travel Pass when asked once in Switzerland (well beyond Domodossola). There is no need to validate the Swiss Travel Pass. https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisstravelpass/ howtouse

You can buy tickets with reservations for that route here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/traintickets/ita ly

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 July 2018 at 12:45:27 #890292

Thanks Lucas. This information is very helpful.

• The thread ‘Milan to Spiez with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.