Milan to Spiez with Swiss Travel Pass

• melbatoast94
    Participant
    2 posts
    2 June 2017 at 1:02:02 #812074

I’m so sorry if this has been asked before but I am very confused. We will be going from Milan to Grindelwald with a change in Spiez. So do I buy a ticket from Milan to Spiez then use the Swiss Travel Pass for the rest, or as I’ve read on here, a ticket from Milan to Domodossola even though I’m not sure if the train from Milan to Spiez even goes through Domodossola?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 June 2017 at 1:59:20 #864330

Hi, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

>> We will be going from Milan to Grindelwald with a change in Spiez. So do I buy a ticket from Milan to Spiez then use the Swiss Travel Pass for the rest, or as I’ve read on here, a ticket from Milan to Domodossola even though I’m not sure if the train from Milan to Spiez even goes through Domodossola?

First of all, you will need to confirm the route of your connections. The fastest services from Milano Centrale to Grindelwald do go through Domodossola. Check your connections, including intermediate stops, in the Swiss Timetable to confirm:

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Having found your connection, expand it to view the intermediate stops by clicking on the plus sign (see attached screenshot).

When you have confirmed that your train will pass through Domodossola, then you can buy a ticket from Milano Centrale to Domodossola.

When asked to show your ticket anywhere between Milano and Domodossola, show the conductor your Milano-Domodossola ticket. Between Domodossola and Grindelwald, you will show the conductor your Swiss Travel Pass.

Alpenrose

melbatoast94
    Participant
    2 posts
    2 June 2017 at 12:00:49 #864331

Thank you!!! I’m an idiot, lol! I have been clicking on the first + sign to see where the connections are, but didn’t know the + sign you see after that shows all the towns it stops at!!!! I was wondering if the trains that don’t connect were non-stop – definitely not! Thanks again – this helps tremendously!

• The thread ‘Milan to Spiez with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.