Where to stay for 3 days between Milan and Zurich

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 May 2018 at 12:34:41 #816113

We are family of 2 adults and 2 kids visiting from Switzerland first time from our trip to Venice/Florence and flying back to US from Zurich. We will have aprox 3 full days and fly back the next morning. Need to help in where to stay. I heard interlaken or lucerne but wondering should we stay somewhere else for 2 days since we will be coming from Milan via train. Any advice on place to see and stay would be very helpful. We are planning to take 3-4 day Swiss travel pass.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    20 May 2018 at 19:03:44 #885881

Welcome to MySwissAlps, Deven! To be honest there are lots and lots of options for a 3 day stay. The Interlaken and Lucerne regions are popular indeed, and rightly so. You can find out for yourself through the links I inserted. Some other options are:

• inbound journey with the Bernina Express from Tirano and a stay in the Engadine;
    • inbound journey through Chiasso and a stay in the Ticino region;
    • inbound journey through Domodossola and a stay in the Valais.

It all comes down to your and your families’ preferences. If you have an early flight from Zurich, these airport hotels may be of interest.

The Swiss Travel Pass will be very helpful. Please find details and purchase options at myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 June 2018 at 12:11:36 #885882

Thanks Annika ! we booked 2day in Interlaken and a night in Zurich before our flight next day. We are travelling from Milan to Interlaken on July 1, reaching 3 PM and then we will 2 full days.

Any help for 2.5 day itinerary in Switzerland. We plan to take 3 day STP as we are we are traveling with 2 kids of 10 and 13.

Does it make sense to do Bernia Express?

Thanks for your guidance.

Arno
    15471 posts
    2 June 2018 at 13:46:01 #885883

Hi Deven,

Did you go through all the links Annika included in her post? You’ll find lots of activities for your itinerary there. Or perhaps I misunderstood your question?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 June 2018 at 12:10:24 #885884

I did however now my journey and stay (in interlaken) is final so I wanted to have little more specific guidance what would be best to cover during 2.5 days.

We are travelling from Milan to Interlaken and wondering if there is any train journey that we should cover. Right now I’m taking straight route shown in SBB website that goes through Domodossala, Visp and Spiez.

Arno
    15471 posts
    3 June 2018 at 13:44:02 #885885

Hi Deven,

You can make that route more interesting by getting off the train in Brig, then take the regional train via Goppenstein and Kandersteg to Spiez. That will take more time but it’s much more interesting than the long tunnel you’ll otherwise “see”. You can enter Kandersteg in the via-box of the timetable to find the schedules.

• The thread ‘Where to stay for 3 days between Milan and Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10720 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.