Booking train ticket from Milan to Zermatt

Booking train ticket from Milan to Zermatt

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
RandMarg
RandMarg
14 posts
Feb 15, 2018 - 9:22 PM

I'm a little confused about booking tics from Milan to Zermatt. Can't do entire segment yet but can do segments. So do I book Milan to Visp then Zermatt or Milan to Brig then Zermatt. It seems if I pick Brig it is a very quick change at Visp. I'm I making too much out of this? Any thoughts. It is travel in June.

rockoyster
rockoyster
3908 posts
expert
Feb 15, 2018 - 10:15 PM in reply to RandMarg

Are you trying to book using the Swiss Train Timetable (www.myswissalps.com/ti metable).

The fastest route is 1 change at Brig. Others change at Domodossola and Visp. Irrespective of which route take you should only need 1 booking. Reservations are not required on the Swiss trains but if you go direct to Brig you’ll probably be best to reserve right through to there.

If you have a Swiss Travel Pass you can claim a reduction (it’s free) from Domodossola using the “GA” option in the reductions.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018