Booking train ticket from Milan to Zermatt

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
RandMarg
RandMarg
14 posts
Feb 15, 2018 - 9:22 PM

I'm a little confused about booking tics from Milan to Zermatt. Can't do entire segment yet but can do segments. So do I book Milan to Visp then Zermatt or Milan to Brig then Zermatt. It seems if I pick Brig it is a very quick change at Visp. I'm I making too much out of this? Any thoughts. It is travel in June.

rockoyster
rockoyster
4644 posts
expert
Feb 15, 2018 - 10:15 PM in reply to RandMarg

Are you trying to book using the Swiss Train Timetable (www.myswissalps.com/ti metable).

The fastest route is 1 change at Brig. Others change at Domodossola and Visp. Irrespective of which route take you should only need 1 booking. Reservations are not required on the Swiss trains but if you go direct to Brig you’ll probably be best to reserve right through to there.

If you have a Swiss Travel Pass you can claim a reduction (it’s free) from Domodossola using the “GA” option in the reductions.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019