Minimum change time Montreux and Geneva

Minimum change time Montreux and Geneva

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
AusCol
AusCol
17 posts
Jun 10, 2018 - 7:10 PM

Hi - I'm looking at options to travel Wengen to Annecy via Golden Pass Line. I have found a journey that allows us to leave Wengen at 8.03am and arrive in Annecy at 17.17. Yes a long day, but we will be sitting in a train, or many trains! plus we have the pleasure of travelling on the Golden Pass section Zweisimmen to Montreux

I am wondering which option is the best. Less time in Montreux to change platforms to Geneve, or increase time in Montreux and have less time in Geneve to change platforms.

Arrive platform 6 Montreux 12.13 on MOB panoramic and depart platform 1 on InterRegio 90 at 12.20 (only 7 minutes) - this allows arrival Geneve 13.30 platform 3 and depart 1450 platform 7 Train Express Regional.(1 hour 2o minutes)

Or if this is too tight ... the second option is

Arrive platform 6 Montreux 12.13 on MOB panoramic and depart platform 1 on InterRegio 90 at 13.20 (1 hour for transfer) - this means arrival Geneve 14.30 platform 3 and depart 1450 platform 7 Train Express Regional.only allowing 20 minutes. Where will we have to produce our passports for the train into france?

Both trains arrive in Annecy at the same time of 17.17

thanks for assistance and any other advice you think would assist us. We have a 1st Class Eurail 3 country select pass.AusCol

Lucas
Lucas
6375 posts
expert &
Jun 10, 2018 - 7:37 PM in reply to AusCol

Hi AusCol,

Both connections will work for you. Obviously on the first one you have to move briskly and directly to your train but it shouldn't be an issue. 1 hour and 20 minutes is a long time to wait for a train in Geneva though. Time for coffee or lunch!

The 2nd option gives you a lot of time for connections at both stations with time for a quick peek or coffee in Montreux so its the easier choice.

You don't go through passport control in Europe nowadays as you are in the Schengen Zone. Well I suppose a random check on the train is possible. But unlikely.

1960man
1960man
294 posts
top member
Jun 10, 2018 - 10:32 PM

The interchange at Montreux only takes a couple of minutes. It is a guaranteed official connection

There are buses Geneve - Annecy (beware French railways often on strike)

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018