Minimum change time Montreux and Geneva

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 June 2018 at 19:10:19 #816561

Hi – I’m looking at options to travel Wengen to Annecy via Golden Pass Line. I have found a journey that allows us to leave Wengen at 8.03am and arrive in Annecy at 17.17. Yes a long day, but we will be sitting in a train, or many trains! plus we have the pleasure of travelling on the Golden Pass section Zweisimmen to Montreux

I am wondering which option is the best. Less time in Montreux to change platforms to Geneve, or increase time in Montreux and have less time in Geneve to change platforms.

Arrive platform 6 Montreux 12.13 on MOB panoramic and depart platform 1 on InterRegio 90 at 12.20 (only 7 minutes) – this allows arrival Geneve 13.30 platform 3 and depart 1450 platform 7 Train Express Regional.(1 hour 2o minutes)

Or if this is too tight … the second option is

Arrive platform 6 Montreux 12.13 on MOB panoramic and depart platform 1 on InterRegio 90 at 13.20 (1 hour for transfer) – this means arrival Geneve 14.30 platform 3 and depart 1450 platform 7 Train Express Regional.only allowing 20 minutes. Where will we have to produce our passports for the train into france?

Both trains arrive in Annecy at the same time of 17.17

thanks for assistance and any other advice you think would assist us. We have a 1st Class Eurail 3 country select pass.AusCol

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 June 2018 at 19:37:01 #887931

Hi AusCol,

Both connections will work for you. Obviously on the first one you have to move briskly and directly to your train but it shouldn’t be an issue. 1 hour and 20 minutes is a long time to wait for a train in Geneva though. Time for coffee or lunch!

The 2nd option gives you a lot of time for connections at both stations with time for a quick peek or coffee in Montreux so its the easier choice.

You don’t go through passport control in Europe nowadays as you are in the Schengen Zone. Well I suppose a random check on the train is possible. But unlikely.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 June 2018 at 22:32:56 #887932

The interchange at Montreux only takes a couple of minutes. It is a guaranteed official connection

There are buses Geneve – Annecy (beware French railways often on strike)

• The thread ‘Minimum change time Montreux and Geneva’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.