MOB Golden Pass timetable/schedule

• daifei888
    Participant
    41 posts
    3 July 2018 at 5:32:17 #817037

Hi all,

I am having some hard time to interpret the timetable/schedule of the MOB golden pass from Montreux to Zweisimmen.

This is the timetable that I downloaded:

http://www.goldenpass.ch/asse ts/media/cms/images/gl obal/Horaire/BD_MOB_br och_horaires_2017-2018.pdf

(on Page 3 of the PDF) It seems to me that only the trains with “14” are MOB panoramic/golden pass trains. Does this mean that there are only 3 trains in one day for MOB panoramic train? (07.44, 14.53, 17.53). Which seems to me the frequency is too low (am I right?).

I also checked on both MOB & SBB website.

SBB has description of “MOB panoramic” for the trains that I mentioned above – which seems to prove that my assumption was right.

But it got me confused when I check on MOB website. MOB website says that it will automatically list out panoramic/golden pass trains but it shows more than 3 times a day.

I am actually interested to take the 13.44pm (labelled as “13/18”) but it seems to me this is not the panoramic train.

My questions:

1) can someone help confirm if the 13.44pm train is a panoramic train or just a regular/normal train?

2) For regular/normal train, do I still get to enjoy the scenic views? If yes, any recommendation which cabin/position of seats to take?

Thanks all, appreciate your inputs.

daifei888

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

daifei888
    Participant
    41 posts
    3 July 2018 at 6:07:09 #890001

I just saw this :

You can choose between Golden Pass Classic and Golden Pass Panoramic trains between Zweisimmen and Montreux. The Classic train has Belle Epoque coaches with a historical luxurious atmosphere. The modern Panoramic trains have panoramic windows, and some of them have 8 first class VIP seats in the front of the train, offering the same view the driver has. Apart from these, there are regular local trains as well.

So let me rephrase:

1) Does that mean the panoramic trains are only available at 07.44, 14.53, 17.53? Other than these times, they are all Belle Epoque/classic train? It seems to me that Belle Epoque also provides good scenic views, am I correct?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 July 2018 at 11:33:10 #890002

Hi Dafei888,

Both the Belle Epoque trains and MOB Panoramic trains offer panoramic windows on the Golden Pass route (https://www.myswissalp s.com/goldenpass).
    The Belle Epoque trains are heritage trains so the winders are quite large but no windows in the ceilings like newer trains offer (like the newer MOB Panoramic).
    **Windows are in the corner between wall and ceiling not really the ceiling.

The timetable: https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable lists the trains that are MOB Panoramic but not the Belle Epoque anymore (not sure why…this is a recent change).

On the PDF schedule page #3 you can see what trains should be MOB Panoramic (beige/yellow shading) and Belle Epoque (blue shading).

All other trains are regional trains following the same route and seeing the same scenery but with smaller windows etc.

daifei888
    Participant
    41 posts
    4 July 2018 at 2:44:49 #890003

Thanks Lucas. This is very useful information.

• The thread ‘MOB Golden Pass timetable/schedule’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.