Mont Blanc Express & on to Lauterbrunnen

Mont Blanc Express & on to Lauterbrunnen

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
sanetvs
sanetvs
2 posts
May 29, 2017 - 2:00 AM

Hi! I will be travelling from chamonix-mont-blanc to lauterbrunnen on Sunday 3 september- I intend to get the swiss travel pass for my 8 days in Switzerland. Do I need to reserve a seat on the mont blanc express ahead of time? Can I buy a swiss travel pass at the Chamonix station just before I leave? Are the train schedules different for Sundays (are there less frequent trains and will i be able to complete my whole journey in one day?) Thank you!! Sanet

Lucas
Lucas
5608 posts
expert &
May 29, 2017 - 9:56 AM in reply to sanetvs

Hi sanetvs and welcome to MySwissAlps!

No, you do not need to make reservations on this train. You can buy the Swiss Travel Pass at any Swiss railways station office. It would be more convenient to buy it online here and have it emailed to you for printing at home - that way no offices and lines to deal with as you are good to go upon arrival in Switzerland.

Trains run pretty much normally on Sundays - you can check the schedules for your planned trips here.

Lucas

Last modified on May 29, 2017 - 1:01 PM by Annika
sanetvs
sanetvs
2 posts
May 30, 2017 - 10:51 AM in reply to Lucas

Thank you! I tried to find a connection between chamonix and martigny, but it keeps saying "no connection possible" or there is only bus services available.

Lucas
Lucas
5608 posts
expert &
May 30, 2017 - 5:08 PM in reply to sanetvs

Yes, you would take a bus to Le Châtelard-Frontière and then a train to Martigny.

Alpenrose666
Alpenrose666
2131 posts
top member
May 31, 2017 - 1:12 AM in reply to sanetvs

>> I will be travelling from chamonix-mont-blanc to lauterbrunnen on Sunday 3 september

>> I tried to find a connection between chamonix and martigny, but it keeps saying "no connection possible" or there is only bus services available.

Where were you looking for your connection? If you use the Swiss Timetable, for which Lucas has provided the link above, it shows you can go the whole way by train on 3 September 2017 (see attached).

Between 3 April and 24 June 2017, there is a replacement bus operating between Chamonix and Châtelard due to implementation of a new signalling system, but that should not affect you if you are travelling in September.

www.chamonix.net/engli sh/transport/train

Alpenrose

Last modified on May 31, 2017 - 1:16 AM by Alpenrose666
Please login to see the attached documents

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018