Mont Blanc Express bus detour - still worth it?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
mara1
mara1
2 posts
Oct 31, 2017 - 12:44 AM

www.mont-blanc-express.ch/cms/sites/m bex/files/pdf/changeme nt-horaires/travaux-mont-blanc-express-29092017.pdf

I was thinking of taking the train from Martigny to Chamonix and back when I am in the area next week. I see that there is a detour between Martigny and Finhaut - by bus instead of train. I am wondering if doing the trip part way by bus is recommended as far as sightseeing is concerned. I assume it will take longer, not sure how much. Thanks for any advice.

Lucas
Lucas
10496 posts
top member
Oct 31, 2017 - 4:22 PM in reply to mara1

I haven't been on this train route but based on the timetable you are only on a bus for about 25 minutes on a 90 minute trip and I would hazard a guess that it won't ruin any sightseeing. The overall time is actually unchanged with the bus detour as per the timetable.

mara1
mara1
2 posts
Oct 31, 2017 - 5:55 PM in reply to Lucas

Thanks very much - when I first looked at this a couple of months ago I didn't see the updated timetable.....so I guess the bus ride won't be a big deal.....excellent!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019