Mont Blanc Express bus detour - still worth it?

Mont Blanc Express bus detour - still worth it?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
mara1
mara1
2 posts
Oct 31, 2017 - 12:44 AM

www.mont-blanc-express.ch/cms/sites/m bex/files/pdf/changeme nt-horaires/travaux-mont-blanc-express-29092017.pdf

I was thinking of taking the train from Martigny to Chamonix and back when I am in the area next week. I see that there is a detour between Martigny and Finhaut - by bus instead of train. I am wondering if doing the trip part way by bus is recommended as far as sightseeing is concerned. I assume it will take longer, not sure how much. Thanks for any advice.

Lucas
Lucas
8928 posts
expert &
Oct 31, 2017 - 4:22 PM in reply to mara1

I haven't been on this train route but based on the timetable you are only on a bus for about 25 minutes on a 90 minute trip and I would hazard a guess that it won't ruin any sightseeing. The overall time is actually unchanged with the bus detour as per the timetable.

mara1
mara1
2 posts
Oct 31, 2017 - 5:55 PM in reply to Lucas

Thanks very much - when I first looked at this a couple of months ago I didn't see the updated timetable.....so I guess the bus ride won't be a big deal.....excellent!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018