Montreux to Lausanne by boat

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
chum444
chum444
19 posts
Jun 15, 2018 - 12:45 AM

Have been trying to find boat schedule, from Montreaux to Lausanne , departure point, etc on the SBB time table site. tells me there are no connections available on the advanced search site when I ask only for ship connections. How can I find the time table for the steamer?

Tx in advance.

Peterli
Peterli
562 posts
top member
Jun 15, 2018 - 6:09 AM in reply to chum444

Hi,

I did a response to you and when I tried to post it, it would not go. Very annoying and I have no idea why. So I am going to make a very brief reply now and hope that it works. First of all, google la Compagnie de Navigation sur le Lac Léman and you will find a page where you can see timetables and purchase tickets. Secondly, I highly recommend that you download a 43 page Guide to many of the activities than one can do all around this beautiful lake, including la Maison Cailler, le Château de Gruyères, the Blonay-Chamby train, the MOB Golden Pass train, the Rochers-de-Naye, the Château de Chillon (which I assume is on your list if you are going to be in Montreux), the Glacier 3000/Tissot Peak Walk, and many others. The name of the Guide is Léman Sans Frontière. Hope this works. www.leman-sans-frontiere.org/visites-touristiques-autour-du-lac-leman/guide-touristique-lac-leman-france-suisse Let me know if you have any problems and if so, I'll try again tomorrow.

Last modified on Jun 15, 2018 - 6:13 AM by Peterli
Lucas
Lucas
9260 posts
expert &
Jun 15, 2018 - 6:41 AM in reply to chum444

Hi Chum444,

You need to enter the lake ports on the timetable (Lac on French lakes or See on German lakes) to get the boat connections. https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable

Look for Montreux (Lac) and Lausanne-Ouchy (Lac).

Also find more details and the website link that PeterLi is referring to here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/boatlakegeneva

Last modified on Jun 15, 2018 - 6:42 AM by Lucas
chum444
chum444
19 posts
Jun 15, 2018 - 11:12 AM

Thank you for the replies.

1960man
1960man
593 posts
top member
Jun 15, 2018 - 11:59 PM in reply to chum444

National timetable PDF here:

www.fahrplanfelder.ch/ fileadmin/fap_pdf_fiel ds/2018/3100.pdf

summer Montreux - Lausanne Ouchy is at the bottom page of the PDF

or the lake boat company's (CGN) website:

www.cgn.ch/media/pdf/h oraire-été.pdf

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018