Montreux to Lausanne by boat

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
chum444
chum444
19 posts
Jun 15, 2018 - 12:45 AM

Have been trying to find boat schedule, from Montreaux to Lausanne , departure point, etc on the SBB time table site. tells me there are no connections available on the advanced search site when I ask only for ship connections. How can I find the time table for the steamer?

Tx in advance.

Peterli
Peterli
752 posts
top member
Jun 15, 2018 - 6:09 AM in reply to chum444

Hi,

I did a response to you and when I tried to post it, it would not go. Very annoying and I have no idea why. So I am going to make a very brief reply now and hope that it works. First of all, google la Compagnie de Navigation sur le Lac Léman and you will find a page where you can see timetables and purchase tickets. Secondly, I highly recommend that you download a 43 page Guide to many of the activities than one can do all around this beautiful lake, including la Maison Cailler, le Château de Gruyères, the Blonay-Chamby train, the MOB Golden Pass train, the Rochers-de-Naye, the Château de Chillon (which I assume is on your list if you are going to be in Montreux), the Glacier 3000/Tissot Peak Walk, and many others. The name of the Guide is Léman Sans Frontière. Hope this works. www.leman-sans-frontiere.org/visites-touristiques-autour-du-lac-leman/guide-touristique-lac-leman-france-suisse Let me know if you have any problems and if so, I'll try again tomorrow.

Last modified on Jun 15, 2018 - 6:13 AM by Peterli
Lucas
Lucas
10496 posts
top member
Jun 15, 2018 - 6:41 AM in reply to chum444

Hi Chum444,

You need to enter the lake ports on the timetable (Lac on French lakes or See on German lakes) to get the boat connections. https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable

Look for Montreux (Lac) and Lausanne-Ouchy (Lac).

Also find more details and the website link that PeterLi is referring to here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/boatlakegeneva

Last modified on Jun 15, 2018 - 6:42 AM by Lucas
chum444
chum444
19 posts
Jun 15, 2018 - 11:12 AM

Thank you for the replies.

1960man
1960man
1575 posts
top member
Jun 15, 2018 - 11:59 PM in reply to chum444

National timetable PDF here:

www.fahrplanfelder.ch/ fileadmin/fap_pdf_fiel ds/2018/3100.pdf

summer Montreux - Lausanne Ouchy is at the bottom page of the PDF

or the lake boat company's (CGN) website:

www.cgn.ch/media/pdf/h oraire-été.pdf

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019