Access from Montreux station to lake via stairway

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 July 2019 at 9:10:42 #822763

Hi. I am going from Montreux station to lake for the Christmas Market. Maps etc seem to show that the direct route is via various sets of steps and the road or flatter way is a relatively long way in either direction. We have reduced mobility and steps woukd be difficult but would prefer also not to walk a long distance. Can any one advise please on how many roughly eg twenty or a hundred steps there might be or a more accessible route through? Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    10 July 2019 at 9:39:06 #917422

Hi Tijoco,

From the top of my mind: from the main exit of Montreux station you can turn left and after 100 meters you’ll see the stairway (Escaliers de Jacob) going down across the street. I think there’s a lift to the right of those steps. The stairway is 50 meters long or so, definitely more than 20 steps.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 July 2019 at 9:41:40 #917423

Thank you. A lift woukd be really useful if there is one.

We are detouring from Interlaken to Zermatt for a flying visit to market.

• The thread ‘Access from Montreux station to lake via stairway’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.