Montreux-Lauterbrunnen with Swiss Travel Pass

• Xtine2021
    Participant
    4 posts
    1 July 2021 at 22:31:33 #825901

Can someone clarify this for me?

I’m looking to go from Montreux to Lautenbrunnen, is this train ride covered under the Swiss Travel card. when I plug it into the website it doesn’t give you the option for SFP, just the half off card.

Can someone help explain this to me?

Thank YOU!!!!!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6362 posts
    2 July 2021 at 5:52:08 #935551

Hi Xtine2021,

If you have a Swiss Travel Pass, you don’t need a ticket for your journey to Montreux and Lauterbrunnen at all. The STP is a single ticket that provides you with unlimited rides on Swiss public transport as long as it is valid. More information here: http://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass/validity

With the Swiss Half Fare Card, you do need to buy a ticket for each trip (but you only pay half of the regular price). Hope this clears the uncertainties.

Enjoy your trips.

Anna

Annika
    7116 posts
    2 July 2021 at 8:38:54 #935552

Hi Xtine2021! I’m not sure which website you’re using to get prices, but you’re probably referring to the official timetable. The products you can choose there, such as the GA and the Half-Fare Travelcard, are primarily meant for Swiss residents. What you pay as a tourist, depends on the tourist rail pass you pick. Each of the ‘validity’ tabs on our rail pass pages, like the one Anna provided for the Swiss Travel Pass, explains what amount of discount you can obtain with that specific pass. How to find non-discounted prices in the timetable and how to calculate prices with your rail pass is explained at:

But as Anna pointed out, you won’t need much calculation for the Swiss Travel Pass, as regular train, bus and boat rides are for free anyway :-).

• The thread ‘Montreux-Lauterbrunnen with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.