Montreux or Zermatt in June for travelers with dog

• Twiggy
    Participant
    4 posts
    3 February 2020 at 9:54:18 #825087

Hi

I’m trying to finalise our trip (2 adults, 1 dog) for June. This site is fab and has been so informative but I’m looking for personal experiences/opinions on this one.

We fly into Zurich on the 11th June and stay with a friend until the 14th. We will visit Rhine Falls, Appenzel, St Galllen etc with her. On the 14th we will drive to Morzine (France) for a week to visit family. The itinerary for Switzerland after the 20th looks something like this:

20th – Return car to Montreux then either stay in Montreux or take an afternoon train to Zermatt

21st – Montreux or Zermatt

22nd – Montreux or Zermatt

23rd – Zermatt to Wengen – afternoon hike in/around Wengen

24th – Wengen – hiking/mountain excursions etc

25th – Wengen – hiking/mountain excursions etc

26th – Wengen – hiking (I know which hikes i’d like to do but if anyone has any personal favourites i’d love to hear about them)

27th – Wengen to Luzern – afternoon in luzern

28th – Piatus & Luzern then train to overnight in an airport hotel (want to stay close as I don’t want a long journey to the airport before a long flight)

29th – Depart from Zurich

Do you think we should stay in Montreux or should we head to Zermatt? Is it worth going for just a few days? As mentioned we will have a dog with us so i’m looking for more outdoor activities rather than museums, castles etc. A few of the walks around the small towns of Montreux & Vevey look lovely and i’m thinking it might be a nice contrast from the mountains.

Thank you

• The thread ‘Montreux or Zermatt in June for travelers with dog’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.