Train reservation required for Montreux to Bulle?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 March 2018 at 0:53:28 #814936

First, thanks for all the advice and information on this site. It has been invaluable in planning our trip.We are a family of 4 with a June trip planned from Geneva-Lausanne-Montreux-Bern.

On the day between Montreux and Bern, we plan to hike from Charmey, through Broc, to Gruyeres – stopping at the chocolate and cheese factories. We will drop our luggage at Bulle and then take the bus to Charmey. We have already purchased a swiss travel pass. My question is whether we need a reservation on the Montreux to Bulle train. To fit all of this in one day, we want to take the 07:44 train. On the Golden Pass site, the only train I see is Montreux-Gruyeres.

Do I need a reservation at all for this train or will there be plenty of seats? If I do need a reservation, do I just reserve the Montreux-Gruyeres passage or is there a site where I can book Montreux-Bulle?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    25 March 2018 at 3:00:31 #879701

Hello Carolina and Welcome to MySwiss Alps,

The 7:44 is the MOB Panoramic to Zweisimmen. You will change to an urban train at Montbovon to reach Bulle.

Reservations are optional on the Golden Pass but if you want to book to Montbovon you can do so here goo.gl/zyrKa1 (I just picked a random date in June). Probably not really necessary if early June.

• The thread ‘Train reservation required for Montreux to Bulle?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.