Train reservation required for Montreux to Bulle?

Train reservation required for Montreux to Bulle?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Carolinaee
Carolinaee
1 post
Mar 25, 2018 - 12:53 AM

First, thanks for all the advice and information on this site. It has been invaluable in planning our trip.We are a family of 4 with a June trip planned from Geneva-Lausanne-Montreux-Bern.

On the day between Montreux and Bern, we plan to hike from Charmey, through Broc, to Gruyeres - stopping at the chocolate and cheese factories. We will drop our luggage at Bulle and then take the bus to Charmey. We have already purchased a swiss travel pass. My question is whether we need a reservation on the Montreux to Bulle train. To fit all of this in one day, we want to take the 07:44 train. On the Golden Pass site, the only train I see is Montreux-Gruyeres.

Do I need a reservation at all for this train or will there be plenty of seats? If I do need a reservation, do I just reserve the Montreux-Gruyeres passage or is there a site where I can book Montreux-Bulle?

rockoyster
rockoyster
3701 posts
expert
Mar 25, 2018 - 2:00 AM in reply to Carolinaee

Hello Carolina and Welcome to MySwiss Alps,

The 7:44 is the MOB Panoramic to Zweisimmen. You will change to an urban train at Montbovon to reach Bulle.

Reservations are optional on the Golden Pass but if you want to book to Montbovon you can do so here goo.gl/zyrKa1 (I just picked a random date in June). Probably not really necessary if early June.

Last modified on Mar 25, 2018 - 2:10 AM by rockoyster

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018