Montreux to Lauterbrunnen reserve July 15th, 2018

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
jrmaronek
jrmaronek
6 posts
Jun 2, 2018 - 3:37 PM

Hello,

I plan on using the golden pass to travel to interlaken from Montreux on July 15th. I was unsure if I need to make a reservation because I will have a travel pass. I was looking into the reservations and for July 15th, the golden pass reservation website said there were no trains. Did I miss something or is there really no trains available that day?

From Interlaken I plan to stay the night in Lauterbrunnen. Let me know if there is any advice on this route.

Lucas
Lucas
10496 posts
top member
Jun 2, 2018 - 5:37 PM in reply to jrmaronek

Hi jrmaronek,

Reservations are not required on that route but recommended for the 1st section only (between Montreux and Zweisimmen) and I can find reservations on that section. I would reserve that section only. For the train after Zweisimmen you can just hop on and find a seat.

https://www.myswissalp s.com/goldenpass/ticke ts

There is only one route to Lauterbrunnen from Interlaken. you can search the options on the Swiss railways timetable:https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable

Last modified on Jun 2, 2018 - 5:38 PM by Lucas
jrmaronek
jrmaronek
6 posts
Jun 2, 2018 - 6:53 PM

If I’m going to Interlaken to Lucerne using the golden pass will I need to make reservations

1960man
1960man
1575 posts
top member
Jun 2, 2018 - 11:26 PM

The 'Goldenpass' is a brand name invented for tourists. The true 'Golden Pass' is only the mountain section between Montreux and Chateau d'Oex, on the MOB railway route.

Interlaken - Luzern is not truly the GoldenPass. It is a separate railway called the Brünig Pass. It used to be part of Swiss Federal Railways but is now run by a joint operation known as Zentralbahn.

The trains on the line are now dubbed Luzern Interlaken Express. They have plenty of seats and no reservation is required

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Jun 3, 2018 - 2:57 AM in reply to 1960man

>> The true 'Golden Pass' is only the mountain section between Montreux and Chateau d'Oex, on the MOB railway route. Interlaken - Luzern is not truly the GoldenPass. It is a separate railway called the Brünig Pass. It used to be part of Swiss Federal Railways but is now run by a joint operation known as Zentralbahn.

I understand the point you are trying to make, but the whole route Luzern to Montreux is marketed as the Golden Pass.

www.myswitzerland.com/ en-au/goldenpass-line.html

Personally, I just think it creates unnecessary confusion to say that the Interlaken-Luzern sector is not truly the Golden Pass route.

Alpenrose

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019