Montreux to Lauterbrunnen reserve July 15th, 2018

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 June 2018 at 15:37:16 #816384

Hello,

I plan on using the golden pass to travel to interlaken from Montreux on July 15th. I was unsure if I need to make a reservation because I will have a travel pass. I was looking into the reservations and for July 15th, the golden pass reservation website said there were no trains. Did I miss something or is there really no trains available that day?

From Interlaken I plan to stay the night in Lauterbrunnen. Let me know if there is any advice on this route.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 June 2018 at 17:37:59 #887092

Hi jrmaronek,

Reservations are not required on that route but recommended for the 1st section only (between Montreux and Zweisimmen) and I can find reservations on that section. I would reserve that section only. For the train after Zweisimmen you can just hop on and find a seat.

https://www.myswissalp s.com/goldenpass/ticke ts

There is only one route to Lauterbrunnen from Interlaken. you can search the options on the Swiss railways timetable:https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 June 2018 at 18:53:37 #887093

If I’m going to Interlaken to Lucerne using the golden pass will I need to make reservations

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 June 2018 at 23:26:19 #887094

The ‘Goldenpass’ is a brand name invented for tourists. The true ‘Golden Pass’ is only the mountain section between Montreux and Chateau d’Oex, on the MOB railway route.

Interlaken – Luzern is not truly the GoldenPass. It is a separate railway called the Brünig Pass. It used to be part of Swiss Federal Railways but is now run by a joint operation known as Zentralbahn.

The trains on the line are now dubbed Luzern Interlaken Express. They have plenty of seats and no reservation is required

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 June 2018 at 2:57:11 #887095

>> The true ‘Golden Pass’ is only the mountain section between Montreux and Chateau d’Oex, on the MOB railway route. Interlaken – Luzern is not truly the GoldenPass. It is a separate railway called the Brünig Pass. It used to be part of Swiss Federal Railways but is now run by a joint operation known as Zentralbahn.

I understand the point you are trying to make, but the whole route Luzern to Montreux is marketed as the Golden Pass.

http://www.myswitzerland.com/ en-au/goldenpass-line.html

Personally, I just think it creates unnecessary confusion to say that the Interlaken-Luzern sector is not truly the Golden Pass route.

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Montreux to Lauterbrunnen reserve July 15th, 2018’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10950 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.