Montreux to Milan with Swiss Travel Pass

Montreux to Milan with Swiss Travel Pass

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
patsy1
patsy1
21 posts
Aug 19, 2017 - 11:57 PM

I want to travel from Montreux to Milan and I have a Swiss Travel Pass. Do I purchase a ticket from Montreux to Milan and do I have to pay for the complete trip or just part of it. How do I purchase if necessary and how do I get credit for my Swiss Travel Pass.

rockoyster
rockoyster
763 posts
top member
Aug 20, 2017 - 1:30 AM in reply to patsy1

Hello Patsy and welcome to MySwissAlps,

Your Swiss Travel Pass will cover you from Montreux to Domodossola.

You should be able to book the full trip via the SBB Ticket shop. Check the timetable here www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

If booking on-line you will need to specify the GA1/2/3 reduction for the Swiss leg of the journey in order to receive the credit for your Swiss Travel Pass. I believe reservations are required on the Italian leg of the journey Domodossola to Milan. Read about Italian trains here www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/italy

Happy travels!

rockoyster
rockoyster
763 posts
top member
Aug 20, 2017 - 2:37 AM

Hi Patsy,

This link will give you International Journey times and bookings www.sbb.ch/ticketshop/ b2c/adw.do?sprache=en&artikelnumm er=7731 There is a direct train from Montreaux to Milan.

When I said GA1/2/3 what I meant was select GA 1st Class or GA 2nd Class depending on your preference. There is a direct train from Montreux to Milan.

patsy1
patsy1
21 posts
Aug 20, 2017 - 3:16 AM in reply to rockoyster

Hi Rockoyster: Thanks for your help. On the drop down menu for Switzerland discounts it reads for 2nd class:

GA 2.cl, 1 year/GA subscription. Is this valid for a 15 day Swiss Travel Pass. It is the 1year subscription part that is confusing me.

Thanks, Patsy1

rockoyster
rockoyster
763 posts
top member
Aug 20, 2017 - 3:20 AM in reply to patsy1

Hi Patsy,

Yes "GA 2.cl, 1 year/GA subscription" is the one you want. I confirmed this is valid for Swiss Travel Pass with SBB via email some time ago. It's basically 100% discount which gives you the right fare same as STP. SBB Ticket shop is oriented to Swiss residents hence does not show STP discount option.

Last modified on Aug 20, 2017 - 3:22 AM by rockoyster
patsy1
patsy1
21 posts
Aug 20, 2017 - 3:39 AM

Thanks for clarifying. This helps a lot. It''s what I will book then. Thanks again and can't wait to see Switzerland. First trip there. I am from Canada. I

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017