Montreux to Milan with Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 August 2017 at 23:57:26 #813012

I want to travel from Montreux to Milan and I have a Swiss Travel Pass. Do I purchase a ticket from Montreux to Milan and do I have to pay for the complete trip or just part of it. How do I purchase if necessary and how do I get credit for my Swiss Travel Pass.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    20 August 2017 at 1:30:56 #868621

Hello Patsy and welcome to MySwissAlps,

Your Swiss Travel Pass will cover you from Montreux to Domodossola.

You should be able to book the full trip via the SBB Ticket shop. Check the timetable here http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

If booking on-line you will need to specify the GA1/2/3 reduction for the Swiss leg of the journey in order to receive the credit for your Swiss Travel Pass. I believe reservations are required on the Italian leg of the journey Domodossola to Milan. Read about Italian trains here http://www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/italy

Happy travels!

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    20 August 2017 at 2:37:42 #868622

Hi Patsy,

This link will give you International Journey times and bookings http://www.sbb.ch/ticketshop/ b2c/adw.do?sprache=en&artikelnumm er=7731 There is a direct train from Montreaux to Milan.

When I said GA1/2/3 what I meant was select GA 1st Class or GA 2nd Class depending on your preference. There is a direct train from Montreux to Milan.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 August 2017 at 3:16:46 #868623

Hi Rockoyster: Thanks for your help. On the drop down menu for Switzerland discounts it reads for 2nd class:

GA 2.cl, 1 year/GA subscription. Is this valid for a 15 day Swiss Travel Pass. It is the 1year subscription part that is confusing me.

Thanks, Patsy1

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    20 August 2017 at 3:20:35 #868624

Hi Patsy,

Yes “GA 2.cl, 1 year/GA subscription” is the one you want. I confirmed this is valid for Swiss Travel Pass with SBB via email some time ago. It’s basically 100% discount which gives you the right fare same as STP. SBB Ticket shop is oriented to Swiss residents hence does not show STP discount option.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 August 2017 at 3:39:48 #868625

Thanks for clarifying. This helps a lot. It”s what I will book then. Thanks again and can’t wait to see Switzerland. First trip there. I am from Canada. I

• The thread ‘Montreux to Milan with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.