Seeing the tulips after the Morges Tulip Festival?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 April 2018 at 9:15:24 #815478

Hi,

I’m traveling to Lausanne on 18th May.I want to visit Morges Tulip festival but it seems festival is till May 13th only. Will I still be able to see the tulips if I visit after a week?

Thanks in advance.

-Ash

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 April 2018 at 11:48:43 #882971

Hi Ash,

I’m afraid you won’t. On Wednesday 16 may the bulb picking starts.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 April 2018 at 12:46:56 #882972

Thanks for the reply.

I’m traveling from Lucerne to Wengen on 13th May.Maybe I can go straight to Morges from Lucerne and back to Wengen at night.Does it seem feasible? Will it be too hectic?

Thanks in advance.

-Ash

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 April 2018 at 14:13:10 #882973

It is doable., but you will spend about 6 hours in total on the train. Since the festival is coming to an end that day, I’m not sure if the tulips are still in good shape.

You can use the Swiss timetable to plan the trip: http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable.

• The thread ‘Seeing the tulips after the Morges Tulip Festival?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.