Motorcycle rental options in Switzerland?

• luvmystang
    Participant
    106 posts
    11 November 2018 at 14:32:17 #818921

Do you have any information about renting motorcycles?

Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Snowman
    Participant
    825 posts
    11 November 2018 at 22:35:56 #898956

Sure, for instance Road Rider in Lausanne:

http://www.road-rider.ch/

If you don’t understand French: “Tarifs et Location” shows the rates in function of the bike you want, the number of days and the kilometrage. Or write to them at hello (@) road-rider.ch.

Google <motorcycle rental Switzerland> will provide you a number of addresses.

Peterli
    Participant
    1206 posts
    12 November 2018 at 1:35:34 #898957

Hi,

You can also google the words “location moto Suisse” for businesses in Romandie. When I am driving in Switzerland, I sometimes think how much easier it would be to pull off and park if I had a motorcycle, and so to satisfy my curiosity tonight, I decided to google a few sites, including the one suggested by Snowman. I only found machines that were quite powerful and very expensive to rent, far more than what one would pay to rent a pretty nice car, although perhaps not a Ford Mustang. Are you looking for something to just get you around the back roads and over some of the mountain passes, or are you more interested in blasting along the highways ? If the latter is the case, be warned that the police do not look favourably on this and violators can see themselves with very expensive tickets and even vehicle seizure. I suspect that this is why when I am sometimes driving in mountainous areas in nearby France and Germany, motorcycles go screaming by me at high speeds, and very often these bikes have Swiss license plates. They figure that over there they are far less likely to be controlled by the police.

luvmystang
    Participant
    106 posts
    12 November 2018 at 2:42:10 #898958

Was looking for just a couple hours rental (so probably a daily rental) to drive up into the Alps and snap a few pictures. We are staying in Wengen and I googled a place in Thun that rents them I think. Was looking to see if others have done this, what all is needed to do the rental and does an American motorcycle license suffice.

Thanks!

Peterli
    Participant
    1206 posts
    12 November 2018 at 4:18:39 #898959

Hi,

If you have found a place in Thun that rents motorcycles I would go back to see what they say on their website. They also probably have a “contact” link so you could ask questions by that route.

• The thread ‘Motorcycle rental options in Switzerland?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.