Motorhome, travelling with dogs & rail pass option

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Roesilbern
Roesilbern
1 post
Aug 28, 2017 - 1:20 PM

We are planning our first trip to Switzerland in a couple of weeks in our Motorhome, we would like to visit Bern and Interlaken area. We plan to stay for 6 or 7 days. Where would be the best places to visit? Also we are travelling with our 2 Bernese Mountain dogs so would love to see a little on the history of the breed. I have researched the travel passes and think the Bernese Oberland one probably would be best because I would like to do cable cars, buses and boats rather than train journeys out of that area. I have found adult ticket prices on the site to pre buy but cannot find a ticket for dogs? Are some of the local buses free already? Would it be worth our while buying tickets or pay as we go?

Lucas
Lucas
9817 posts
expert &
Aug 29, 2017 - 6:59 AM in reply to Roesilbern

Hi Roesilbern and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, I think the Regional Pass - Bernese Alps would be a good option for you as well. It covers the Bern and Interlaken areas very well when you take and public transit - see a map here.

As for tickets for your dogs, there is information on our website here. You can buy tickets as you go or buy a one-day travel pass.

Lucas

Last modified on Sep 2, 2017 - 8:07 AM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018