Mount Rigi spa on a rainy day in December

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 November 2017 at 9:14:56 #813707

Hi all,

I am travelling between Dec 23-26 and staying in Engelberg with my husband and 8yr old boy. I wanted to go to Jungrafouch on the 24th but after suggestions here that it could be a long trip,I have decided to go to mount Rigi Kaltbad for a spa.I am a bit disappointed as the weather doesn’t look great for between 23-26. It seems it could rain. Is it still an option to go up there from Lucerne on the 24th?I enquired with the spa and they are open during those times.Are the weather forecasts accurate?On rainy days, how are the views up Rigi?

Thanks

Sindhu

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    21 November 2017 at 9:34:55 #872191

Hi SIndhu,

There is no way you should rely on the weather forecast that far out. One to two days is the level of reliability in weather forecasts in Switzerland.

It won’t be raining in the spa anyway so just go enjoy it.

• The thread ‘Mount Rigi spa on a rainy day in December’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.