Visiting Mt. Titlis from Zurich

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 January 2018 at 14:10:08 #813956

Hi, I will be in Zurich on 6th Feb to 7th Feb with my Wife and 2 daughters aged 9 and 4 year. Need to know how to go Mount titlis and it’s charges.

And what other fun we can have

Rgds

Bipin

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 January 2018 at 17:46:56 #873686

Hi Bipin,

The route to Mt. Titlis on public transport is described here: Getting to Mt. Titlis. By train, it will take close to 3 hours to get to the top of the mountain – so a long day but it can be done if you really want to go.

Each adult would be 104CHF one-way if you are buying point to point tickets only (that is you don’t have any rail pass). You can use the Swiss railways timetable to plan the trip and see the costs (the first price you see is for Swiss Half Fare Card holders).

As for other things to do that is fun….what is fun for you and your family? Are you looking for things to do in Zurich?

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    7 January 2018 at 2:50:54 #873687

Your 4 year-old will travel free. Your 9 year old will cost half the adult fare (ie CHF52). Or you can buy a CHF30 Junior Travel Card from any station. You 9 year-old can then travel free with you on any trip you make in Switzerland. I am pretty sure this will cover the lift ticket for Titlis but you might want to just check when going to buy if you decide to get the Junior Travel Card. See http://www.myswissalps.com/ju niortravelcard

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 January 2018 at 6:26:16 #873688

Thanks for your reply.

so if I buy adult pass CHF102 and child pass CHF 30 then I can I travel Mount titlis via any mode from Zurich. Even cable rotair cable cart includes in that. Or it’s better to purchase a trip from shilquai bus terminal for mount titlis.

and what about snow experience and skying.

Pl suggest the best option.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    7 January 2018 at 6:43:15 #873689

I’m not sure what you mean by an “adult pass CHF102”. Do you mean a Saver Day Pass (http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/new-deal-on-saver-day-pass)?

Or are you referring to the CHF104 one way adult fare that Lucas mentioned? That is made up of a CHF38 train fare to Engelberg and a CHF66 fare for the cable car to TItlis.

If you buy a Saver Day Pass there is no discount on the Titlis Cable Car.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 January 2018 at 9:12:59 #873690

Hi Bipin,

Yes, the ticket from Zurich to Titlis would be 104 for an adult and the child can get a Junior Travel Card for your oldest child. That takes you to the top of Mt. Titlis via train and cable car.

You can look at bus trips (guided or unguided) as well, we have some details on that here.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    7 January 2018 at 10:17:31 #873691

I don’t feel not qualified to tackle “what about snow experience and skying”. How about you Lucas?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 January 2018 at 6:10:39 #873692

Hi

The best option would be to base yourself in Lucerne(Luzern) for 2 days . Luzern is 1 hour by train from Zurich.

Buy a Winter tell pass – for adult it’s 110 CHF for 2 days of unlimited travel by train , boat and buses .Mt Titlis will be free with this and you can also go to Mt Rigi if time permits and it will also be free .

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 January 2018 at 8:57:53 #873693

Hi Bipin,

At the Titlis Glacier Park, you can enjoy all kinds of fun snow activities. Read more about it here.

You can ski on Mt. Titlis as well. There’s an Intersport shop at the cable car station in the valley. You can rent equipment there. Please see http://www.titlis.ch/en/activ ities/winter-activities/skiing.

• The thread ‘Visiting Mt. Titlis from Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.