Home  ▶  Get in touch  ▶  Forum  ▶  Mountain coaster in April in the Jungfrau region

Mountain coaster in April in the Jungfrau region

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
mishalee
mishalee
2 posts
Feb 13, 2020 - 4:33 AM

Hi,

Thank you so much in advance! I'm planning to visit Switzerland around 4/14 - 4/23-highly possible. I would like to visit Interlaken and Brienz area some time during my trip. Would I have the chance to ride the mountain coaster open during the month of April? is there a place open based on weather permitting? It seems that many places are closed during the month of April regardless.. I'm crossing my fingers hoping to experience dry days during my stay!

Ildiko
Ildiko
818 posts
top member &
Feb 13, 2020 - 8:43 AM in reply to mishalee

Hi Mishalee and welcome to MySwissAlps,

do you mean the summer toboggan (aka Rodelbahn)? I've attached a picture of it to make sure we speak about the same thing. :)

Usually they open earliest just in May, also the one I know near Grindelwald (Pfingstegg) will be open only from May. They are also weather permitted in big wind or rain they do not operate (because of safety reasons).

It is not the same but also fun, the Mountain Cart in First, it can be open from April but also weather permitted as the road needs to be snow-free: www.jungfrau.ch/en-gb/grindelwaldfirst/first-mountain-cart/

Also see:

(PS: the picture is from the Pfingstegg toboggan page.)

Last modified on Feb 13, 2020 - 8:46 AM by Ildiko
Please login to see the attached documents
mishalee
mishalee
2 posts
Feb 14, 2020 - 3:12 AM in reply to Ildiko

Hi IIdiko,

Yes, that! the toboggan! I'm sad to find out it won't be opened in April. I really wanted to try! :( I'm hoping to try the mountain cart instead :) well, first I need to pray for the weather to be on my side. Thank you once again!

Annika
Annika
6192 posts
expert &
Feb 14, 2020 - 6:10 AM

Hi mishalee! Most toboggan runs open later in the than April indeed. However, these threads provide more options, and maybe one of those fits your travel dates:

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2020