Mountain for people scared of heights

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 May 2018 at 13:47:06 #815771

Hi

I am from Singaporr and would like to go to Mount Titlis in end May to play the snow at glacier park. I have never seen snow. However I am scared to walk on the suspension bridge and sit on the chair lift. I am okay to ride on cable car, because it is a closed box.

Is it possible to go glacier walk by walking after the cable car ride? I only want to touch and play the snow for 30min.

If it is not possible, can you share other mountains I can go to in end May? I will stay in Zurich, but I can go to other place too to see and feel the snow.

Thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 May 2018 at 15:30:43 #884410

Hi Maria,

So the Glacier Cave can be access from the summit (which is reached by cable car). The Ice Flyer chairlift, which you probably won’t like, takes you to the Glacier Park: https://www.titlis.ch/ en/activity/detail/TIT LIS_glacier_park/4485/ 60738 which you may not be that interested in doing?

Pilatus and Rigi are both mountains near Lucerne which can be reached by cable car or cogwheel train which should be just fine for you (but probably no snow).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 May 2018 at 0:35:53 #884411

Thank you for your reply.

My goal is to touch snow in end May, does Mount Rigi or Pilatus have snow in end May?

How abouy Mount Jungfrau..can I play with the snow there in end May? Does the journey there only include train and no chair lift?

Thank you

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 May 2018 at 2:38:45 #884412

For snow I’d go to Titlis or Jungfraujoch – and only a train to Jungfraujoch! 🙂 but it is a long trip from Lucerne (bot still can be done).

Use the timetable to plan the trip.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 May 2018 at 4:12:54 #884413

>> How abouy Mount Jungfrau..can I play with the snow there in end May?

You can walk on the snow and touch it if you go out onto the Plateau at the Jungfraujoch. You can’t really play with it there though e.g. sledging or throwing snowballs etc. You can see some photos of people walking about on the plateau (and the views you get from there) attached to my post of Apr 25, 2018 – 2:49 AM on the following page:

http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/clothing-boots-around-murren-and-excusions

If you want snow play activities, you can go to the Snow Fun Park (at additional cost). Further details are here:

http://www.jungfrau.ch/en-gb/jungfraujoch-top-of-europe/snow-fun-park/

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 May 2018 at 13:58:45 #884414

Noted

thank you Lucas and Alpenrose666

you are very helpful 🙂

• The thread ‘Mountain for people scared of heights’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.