Swiss mountain temperatures in July – expectations

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 July 2018 at 15:33:36 #817009

During all my reading on Switzerland, I am still uncertain what temperatures to expect as we ascend the mountains, and the temperature at the top of the mountains during our visit in mid July. Please provide some examples of the expected temperatures at those higher altitudes. Thank you for your help !

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 July 2018 at 16:00:14 #889922

Hi Dizzy1021 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Jungfraujoch, today had a high of 8 degrees Celsius. The towns down in the valley below, like Wengen had a high of 27 degrees.

They say you lose 1 degree for every 100 meters you climb so that makes about sense. Wengen is 1300 meters almost and Jungfraujoch is almost 3400 meters (2100 meters difference and 19 degree difference).

I’d expect in July for the temperatures to be around 10 degrees Celsius. perhaps 2-3 degrees as a low and 15 or so as a high.

Certainly, anything is possible though! Always tricky to plan for mountain trips – best to pack layers to be prepared for different weather

https://www.myswissalp s.com/weather

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 July 2018 at 16:23:29 #889923

Lucas, thanks for the update !

• The thread ‘Swiss mountain temperatures in July – expectations’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.