Swiss mountain temperatures in July - expectations

Swiss mountain temperatures in July - expectations

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Dizzy1021
Dizzy1021
4 posts
Jul 1, 2018 - 3:33 PM

During all my reading on Switzerland, I am still uncertain what temperatures to expect as we ascend the mountains, and the temperature at the top of the mountains during our visit in mid July. Please provide some examples of the expected temperatures at those higher altitudes. Thank you for your help !

Lucas
Lucas
7106 posts
expert &
Jul 1, 2018 - 4:00 PM in reply to Dizzy1021

Hi Dizzy1021 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Jungfraujoch, today had a high of 8 degrees Celsius. The towns down in the valley below, like Wengen had a high of 27 degrees.

They say you lose 1 degree for every 100 meters you climb so that makes about sense. Wengen is 1300 meters almost and Jungfraujoch is almost 3400 meters (2100 meters difference and 19 degree difference).

I'd expect in July for the temperatures to be around 10 degrees Celsius. perhaps 2-3 degrees as a low and 15 or so as a high.

Certainly, anything is possible though! Always tricky to plan for mountain trips - best to pack layers to be prepared for different weather

https://www.myswissalp s.com/weather

Dizzy1021
Dizzy1021
4 posts
Jul 1, 2018 - 4:23 PM in reply to Lucas

Lucas, thanks for the update !

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018