About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Pass/tickets Jungfrau, Pilatus, Titlis in October
MySwissAlps features commercial and non-commercial links.

Pass/tickets Jungfrau, Pilatus, Titlis in October

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Ralph
Ralph
2 posts
Oct 11, 2021 - 5:28 PM

Hi Friends,

I am planning to visit Zurich from Oct 22nd to 31st.

First two or three days plan to stay in Grindelwald and visit Interlaken, Jungfrau and Lauterbrunnen. I chose to stay in Grindelwald due to the proximity of all the three places.

Next three days plan to stay in Lucerne before getting back to Zurich.

1) Planning to take the trains from Grindelwald to visit Jungfrau.(24th to 17th)

2) Planning to visit Mt Pilatus and Mt Titlis during my stay in Lucerne (27th and 28th)

Since I am visiting in end October will all these places be open or will the trains and cable car run during this week. I was looking for some specific places / time tables to check. Please help.

Also I am very confused about buying Swiss Travel Pass or Point to Point. Need more information as to what would be the best!

Thanks for your help! Looking forward to hear from you!

Regards,

Ralph

Anna
Anna
1558 posts
top member &
Oct 11, 2021 - 6:17 PM in reply to Ralph

Hi Ralph,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

Trains to Jungfraujoch run all year round. You can find more details here: www.myswissalps.com/jungfraujoch/gettingthere

If you make it to Grindelwald early, you might just have time for a trip up to Grindelwald First and Mannlichen. The cable cars for these mountain destinations operate until 24 October, after which they will close for maintenance for several weeks. Mountains that remain accessible during this time are Schilthorn and Harder Kulm. Please click on the links to find more information about each destination.

Titlis is also open all year round. Details how to get there here: www.myswissalps.com/titlis/gettingthere

Mt Pilatus remains open in October. However, the cable car and gondola are closed for maintenance between 25 Oct and 5 Nov. During this time, access to the summit is only possible by taking the cogwheel train from Alpnachstad. You can find more details here: www.myswissalps.com/pilatus/gettingthere

Have a look at the various railpass options here:www.myswissalps.com/swissrailpasses

Based on your plans, you should probably be looking at getting the Swiss Travel Pass (STP), as point-to-point tickets can be expensive. With the STP, you get unlimited traveling on public transportation throughout Switzerland. In addition, you don't have to worry about buying tickets for each journey, you'll get discounts on various mountain excursions and free entrance to nearly 500 museums. More details on this link: www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass

For practical information on how to travel by Swiss train: www.myswissalps.com/train/practical

Feel free to post again if you have more questions.

Regards,

Anna

Ralph
Ralph
2 posts
Oct 12, 2021 - 8:13 PM in reply to Anna

Hi Anna,

Thanks for your quick response.

It is really informative, appreciate your time and effort.

One last question, I just changed my plan to visit Zermatt from the 27th. Will the cable cars / funiculars / gondolas be available during this time?

Regards,

Ralph

Ildiko
Ildiko
1309 posts
top member &
Oct 13, 2021 - 7:34 AM in reply to Ralph

Hi Ralph,

Trains (funiculars) to the Gornergrat operates all year round: www.myswissalps.com/gornergrat/gettingthere. And you can also visit Klein Matterhorn, as one of the routes (via Furi and Trockener Steg) will be open: www.myswissalps.com/kleinmatterhorn/gettingthere.

Have a wonderful trip!

Ildiko

Last modified on Oct 13, 2021 - 7:47 AM by Annika

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2021