Mountain choice around Lucerne?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 April 2018 at 0:52:46 #815074

I know this has probably been asked before, but……If you could only visit only one… Pilatus, Rigi or Titlis?

going to: enjoy the view, some hiking and just wandering around.

Right now I’m leaning towards Titlis, because of the Cliffwalk, and tieing it in with a stop in Stans and the Cabrio cable car. We only have 2 full days in Lucerne so hoping the weather cooperates (June) for one of the mountains. and a partial day on the lake and wandering in town.

We’re following up Lucerne with 7 days in Murren, and Zermatt, that’s why I’m only looking at one mountain visit while in Lucerne.

Thanks

Ken

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    1 April 2018 at 3:24:50 #880583

Sounds like a good plan.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 April 2018 at 6:40:33 #880584

Hi ken,

Yes, if you are doing Stanserhorn I would skip Pilatus (as they are quite near each other with similar views). Titlis is a good choice.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 April 2018 at 15:45:21 #880585

Thanks!!

Ken

• The thread ‘Mountain choice around Lucerne?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.