Mt. Pilatus closing dates winter 2017

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 August 2017 at 3:44:34 #812882

Hi,

I am planning to visit Mt Pilatus on 22nd Sep 2017 from Lucerne. I will be having Swiss 4 days pass with me. I wanted to go to Mt Pilatus from Kriens by the cable car (included in Swiss pass) and come back by the cogwheel train to Alpnachstad(also included in the swiss pass)

Please let me know if the cable car is available on 22nd Sep from Kriens as I didnt find this information on the site. It just says that the cable train will be closed in winters. Please let me know the exact dates when it will be closed.

Regards,

Kaushik

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 August 2017 at 7:05:08 #868027

Hi Kaushik, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

The cable cars between Pilatus and Kriens will be closed for maintenance from 23 October to 10 November 2017. Apart from that, they operate for the rest of the year.

The cogwheel train between Alpnachstad and Pilatus will operate until 19 November 2017 and then will close for the winter i.e. until early or mid May 2018.

On 22 September 2017 both the cable cars and the cogwheel train will be operating. Enjoy your trip to Mt. Pilatus!

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Mt. Pilatus closing dates winter 2017’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.