Mt. Pilatus open date beginning of May

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 March 2017 at 15:22:30 #811007

Hello! I have 2 clients that are visiting Switzerland beginning of May. They are dying to see Mt. Pilatus. Unfortunately, they only day they have available to go is Tuesday, May 2nd. From what I have researched, most companies do not start visiting until May 6th. Is there a way that they can visit on May 2nd? They were hoping to do the cable car, train and boat ride. If this is not possible, does anyone have suggestions on what else they should do? Thank you 🙂

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 March 2017 at 16:37:48 #859786

Hi lexie22ellis and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Are your clients looking for a guided tour?
    Mt. Pilatus is open and they are able to travel there on May 2 (open year-round) on their own. They won’t be able to use the cogwheel from Alpnachstad unfortunately as it usually doesn’t open until mid-may (weather dependent).

More information on Mt. Pilatus and the routes to get there can be found on our information page here.

Also, here is a link for other activities they could do in the Luzern area.

I hope that helps, let me know if you have further questions.

Lucas

• The thread ‘Mt. Pilatus open date beginning of May’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.