Mt rigi day- trouble figuring costs

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 February 2015 at 0:49:03 #806899

i don’t feel to bright😕I am trying to type in names of boats docks and locations of cable cars and keep having trouble. For example, what do I type in for Lucerne boat dock?

*i am trying to decide whether to get a type of Swiss pass and wanted to study costs of our train travel and hiking/ transportation routes, particularly when we spend 5 days traveling from Meiringen for day hikes.

So this is recommended for our one day in Lucerne. How would I go about using the travel time table to find these costs?

“Great round trip with the boat ride on lake Lucern to Vitznau, then the cogwheel railway to the top of Mount Rigi. Great panoramic views fom the top. We walked down the mountain (stopping for hot chocolates along the way) to the top station for the cable car down to Weggis before catching the boat back to Lucern. Well worth the trip. “

Thank you for your time!!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    19 February 2015 at 14:20:36 #841776

Hi LMontB,

Welcome to the MySwissAlps community! The process of comparing passes is explained here. Also there’s explanation on the timetable page. Did you read those pages? Please feel free to let me know if anything is not clear there.

The main boat dock in Lucerne, across the main station, is called “Luzern Bahnhofquai”. This page might help you out as well: http://www.rigi.ch.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 February 2015 at 14:30:19 #841777

Thanks so much! I have gone through all the info but will restudy and try again!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 February 2015 at 14:33:04 #841778

Rigi website helpe with prices! Couldn’t find the prices when I searched last night. 👍

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 February 2015 at 20:00:33 #841779

When I looked at the Rigi website is the GA travel card the Swiss travel pass price? Thank you

Arno
    15471 posts
    24 February 2015 at 6:57:11 #841780

Hi EB,

All the Rigi trains, and even the cable car from Weggis, are free with a Swiss Travel Pass. See the map for details please.

• The thread ‘Mt rigi day- trouble figuring costs’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.