Mt Rigi with additional trip / mountain excursion

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 June 2017 at 7:31:49 #812246

Hi

I plan to visit Mount Rigi from Lucerne on 1 July . ‘Lucerne – Vitznau (boat) – Rigi Kulm (train) – Rigi Kaltbad (train)- Weggis (cable car).

1. How much time would the above trip take?

I also intend to shift base from Lucerne to Interlaken via the Golden Pass route.

2. Is there any suggested scenic day trip / mountain excursion from Lucerne/Interlaken i can add to my existing itinerary?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 June 2017 at 16:21:13 #865046

Hi Kapurpranay,

1. You can find train schedules to plan your trip here. and read more about getting to Mt. Rigi here.
    2. Yes, quite a few to choose from – take a look at our activity pages here for Luzern and Interlaken.Are you wanting to do this 2nd excursion on the same day you move to Interlaken? And is this the same day you are also going to Mt. Rigi?

Cheers,
    Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 June 2017 at 17:38:42 #865047

Yes, i wanted to know whether there would be time left for an excursion on the same day when i travel to Mt Rigi in the morning and perhaps Interlaken in the evening.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 June 2017 at 6:03:34 #865048

No it is not advisable to do two mountain top excursions in one day. it is quite tiring

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 June 2017 at 6:59:10 #865049

I agree with rajikadinesh,

I wouldn’t try and do two mountain excursions in one day – it requires and early start and a long day! This is especially true if you want to move to Interlaken that same day! I would leave your itinerary as is.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 June 2017 at 7:32:37 #865050

Thanks

• The thread ‘Mt Rigi with additional trip / mountain excursion’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.