Mt. Schilthorn and Tell Pass Lucerne

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 June 2018 at 22:00:50 #816808

Dear all members,

We are complete family traveling to middle Swiss by car from Germany. Myself, wife, 3 years old daughter and both my parents. We are travelling in late July 2018 for 4 days 3 nights. We are staying at Engelberg.

i have listed points of interest as below

1. Mt. Titlis

2. Mt. Schilthorn

3. Rigi round trip

4 golden round trip for Pilatus

5. Trummelbachfalls

If I buy 2 day Tell pass (180CHF), I get 2 days in Lucerne region including Rigi, pilatus and Mt. Titlis; but I have to spend around 92 CHF extra for Schilthorn trip.

if I get 3 days Swiss travel pass (222 CHF), I get Schilthorn, Rigi included but have to pay (47 CHF) extra for Mt. Titlis. For this combination I can give away MT. Pilatus as there May be time constraint also. ( For pilatus, have to pay 37 CHF extra with Swiss pass)

further to save money on travel pass. I can plan car trip to lauterbrunnen and visit Murren and trummelbachfalls at very cheap. But I have to give away mt Schilthorn peak.

now my confusion ‘ is it worth to spend little extra and cover mt. Schilthorn even though I am visiting mt Titlis. Or it is not much to miss if I give away mt Schilthorn peak.’

Thanks in advance for help. It will help me in further planning.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 June 2018 at 7:38:52 #889046

Hi Amod dange and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Tough question but I think, if you want to save money you can skip Schilthorn if you go to Titlis yes. You do have a lot of mountain trips so I think it is a good thought.

You can also buy a 3 day Tell Pass to cover all 3 mountains around Luzern and then spend a 1/2 day drive to Lauterbrunnen to explore the valley and Trummelbach Falls.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 June 2018 at 7:50:13 #889047

Thanks for advice, helped a lot.

• The thread ‘Mt. Schilthorn and Tell Pass Lucerne’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.