Mt. Schilthorn and Tell Pass Lucerne

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Amod dange
Amod dange
2 posts
Jun 21, 2018 - 10:00 PM

Dear all members,

We are complete family traveling to middle Swiss by car from Germany. Myself, wife, 3 years old daughter and both my parents. We are travelling in late July 2018 for 4 days 3 nights. We are staying at Engelberg.

i have listed points of interest as below

1. Mt. Titlis

2. Mt. Schilthorn

3. Rigi round trip

4 golden round trip for Pilatus

5. Trummelbachfalls

If I buy 2 day Tell pass (180CHF), I get 2 days in Lucerne region including Rigi, pilatus and Mt. Titlis; but I have to spend around 92 CHF extra for Schilthorn trip.

if I get 3 days Swiss travel pass (222 CHF), I get Schilthorn, Rigi included but have to pay (47 CHF) extra for Mt. Titlis. For this combination I can give away MT. Pilatus as there May be time constraint also. ( For pilatus, have to pay 37 CHF extra with Swiss pass)

further to save money on travel pass. I can plan car trip to lauterbrunnen and visit Murren and trummelbachfalls at very cheap. But I have to give away mt Schilthorn peak.

now my confusion ‘ is it worth to spend little extra and cover mt. Schilthorn even though I am visiting mt Titlis. Or it is not much to miss if I give away mt Schilthorn peak.’

Thanks in advance for help. It will help me in further planning.

Lucas
Lucas
10385 posts
expert &
Jun 22, 2018 - 7:38 AM in reply to Amod dange

Hi Amod dange and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Tough question but I think, if you want to save money you can skip Schilthorn if you go to Titlis yes. You do have a lot of mountain trips so I think it is a good thought.

You can also buy a 3 day Tell Pass to cover all 3 mountains around Luzern and then spend a 1/2 day drive to Lauterbrunnen to explore the valley and Trummelbach Falls.

Amod dange
Amod dange
2 posts
Jun 23, 2018 - 7:50 AM in reply to Lucas

Thanks for advice, helped a lot.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019