Mt. Schilthorn and Tell Pass Lucerne

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Amod dange
Amod dange
2 posts
Jun 21, 2018 - 10:00 PM

Dear all members,

We are complete family traveling to middle Swiss by car from Germany. Myself, wife, 3 years old daughter and both my parents. We are travelling in late July 2018 for 4 days 3 nights. We are staying at Engelberg.

i have listed points of interest as below

1. Mt. Titlis

2. Mt. Schilthorn

3. Rigi round trip

4 golden round trip for Pilatus

5. Trummelbachfalls

If I buy 2 day Tell pass (180CHF), I get 2 days in Lucerne region including Rigi, pilatus and Mt. Titlis; but I have to spend around 92 CHF extra for Schilthorn trip.

if I get 3 days Swiss travel pass (222 CHF), I get Schilthorn, Rigi included but have to pay (47 CHF) extra for Mt. Titlis. For this combination I can give away MT. Pilatus as there May be time constraint also. ( For pilatus, have to pay 37 CHF extra with Swiss pass)

further to save money on travel pass. I can plan car trip to lauterbrunnen and visit Murren and trummelbachfalls at very cheap. But I have to give away mt Schilthorn peak.

now my confusion ‘ is it worth to spend little extra and cover mt. Schilthorn even though I am visiting mt Titlis. Or it is not much to miss if I give away mt Schilthorn peak.’

Thanks in advance for help. It will help me in further planning.

Lucas
Lucas
9632 posts
expert &
Jun 22, 2018 - 7:38 AM in reply to Amod dange

Hi Amod dange and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Tough question but I think, if you want to save money you can skip Schilthorn if you go to Titlis yes. You do have a lot of mountain trips so I think it is a good thought.

You can also buy a 3 day Tell Pass to cover all 3 mountains around Luzern and then spend a 1/2 day drive to Lauterbrunnen to explore the valley and Trummelbach Falls.

Amod dange
Amod dange
2 posts
Jun 23, 2018 - 7:50 AM in reply to Lucas

Thanks for advice, helped a lot.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018