Mt. Titlis & Bernina Express with Saver Day Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 January 2018 at 14:03:45 #814182

Hi folks,

Would like to ask you some questions about about our trip plan to Swiss.

We (my wife & me) will visit Luzern check in May 10 and check out May 12.

On May 11, We will visit Mt. Titlis. The train from Luzern to Engelberg is covered by Saver Day Pass (SDP), but the cable car from Engelberg – Trubsee – Mt. Titlis is not and I have to pay full fare, am I right ? or by using the SDP I will get 50% on discount Mt. Titlis cable car ? And also on the way down from Trubsee to Engelberg we would like to use scooter (rent?), do you think it is great ?

On May 12, We will take a train to Chur and from there will take the Bernina Express to Tirano and continue my trip to Milan. Is the SDP cover the Bernina Express ? All I have to do is to reserve seats and pay the reservation fare, am I right ? Will the seat available since I ocan only buy the SDP 30 days before D-Day and then book a reservation on Bernina Express ?

Based on my Itinerary above I will use 2-days Saver Day Pass on May 11 and May 12, what do you think about that ? Is there another efficient route or pass ? My target are to get up to Mt. Titlis and experiencing Bernina Express journey.

Thank you and waiting replies from you guys.

Cheers,

Yoseph

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 January 2018 at 17:01:44 #875330

Hi Yoseph and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, the Saver Day Pass does not cover trips up into the mountains – points are explained on SBB website here.

The Saver Day Pass will cover your train ticket on the Bernina Express yes. You can buy reservations up to 90 days before (you don’t need to already have a ticket or rail pass).

If you can get the 2 Saver Day Passes at their lowest offered price then they are probably your most cost efficient option for 2 days in Switzerland.

To know for sure read through our web page on how to choose the best rail pass here.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    28 January 2018 at 21:36:03 #875331

Hi Yoseph,

You will need to leave Lucerne around 6:00 am to connect with BEX.

Also youtu.be/_75nFDdclVc

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 January 2018 at 21:37:05 #875332

Lucas,

Thanks!

Just saw Tell Pass for 110 CHF and covers all Luzern mountain excursions but will not covers BEX. I am considering using Tell Pass and add another day for BEX with saver day pass.

How do you think about that ?

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    29 January 2018 at 2:00:46 #875333

Hi Yoseph,

From 1 April you will need a Tell Pass Summer (http://www.myswissalps.com/te llpass) which will cost CHF180 for 2 days. Other than that your idea is sound.

Where do you arrive in Switzerland? Zurich?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 January 2018 at 5:37:04 #875334

Hi Rockyoster,

Yeah I just found out that it is 180 CHF.

I will come from Paris direct to Luzern ( a change in Basel if I not mistaken) and stay there from 10-13 May.

Do you have any recommendation trip for Luzern & surroundings, specifically the Mountains & Hills ? Plan to have scooter on our way down from Trubsee to Engelberg, is it worth ?

Is there space in BEX to put off my lugagge as I will moving to Milan that day ?

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    29 January 2018 at 6:23:36 #875335

Hi Yoseph,

Mt Rigi is a nice round trip if you go to Vitznau by boat go up by cog wheel then can come down by cable car to Weggis and back to Lucerne by boat.

Stanserhorn is another fine mountain at Stans on the way to Engelberg.

With a Tell Pass everything is free so you can go crazy!

Did you see the scooter youtube clip in my earlier post? This http://www.pilatus.ch/en/disc over/fraekmuentegg/ looked like like fun when we went over it in the gondola on the way to Mt Pilatus. But not sure if it will be operating when you are there. They have a giant down-hill metal “toboggan’ track.

My wife and I travelled on BEX last May and had no problems with 2 suitcases and 2 backpacks.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 January 2018 at 8:13:40 #875336

Rockyoster,

Thanks for the suggestion. I haven’t seen the clip. S0 no worry then for me moving to Milan.

Again, thank you Sir.

Cheer,

Yoseph

• The thread ‘Mt. Titlis & Bernina Express with Saver Day Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.