Visit to Mt. Titlis or Glacier 3000?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 May 2017 at 11:48:46 #811956

Hi everyone,

Need some good advice on the above subject. I will be visiting Lucerne( 2 nights ) and Interlaken( 3 nights ) in the last week of July . The travel agent has recommended visit to Mt Titlis from Lucerne and Glacier 3000 and Jungfraujoch from Interlaken which I assume are day trips and I would be left with just half day since I will be reaching Interlaken from Lucrene by early afternoon . The only issue I have is that I wish to do other activities in Interlaken i.e Hang gliding and Harder Kulm . I believe half day wouldn’t be enough to complete both the activities so wish to cancel the trip to Glacier 3000, but my agent recommends not to cancel Glacier 3000 since it has more activities as compared to Mt Titlis.

Need help to decide on this and if half day is good enough for the activities , I shall keep the itinerary as it is and proceed with the booking.

Waiting for some valuable input.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 May 2017 at 14:57:10 #863825

Hi vinayt123 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

It really is a personal decision to choose between Glacier 3000 and hang gliding and Harder Kulm near Interlaken. You wouldn’t be able to do those 2 activities in one afternoon certainly, but one certainly.

I don’t think you need to cancel Mt. Titlis as you would do that from Luzern and that doesn’t affect hang gliding and Harder Kulm. I would choose between Glacier 3000 or another activity near Interlaken (like the hang gliding)

You can check train schedules to help you plan these trips here. Interlaken to Glacier 3000 is about 2,5 hours one way if that helps you decide!

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 May 2017 at 15:43:28 #863826

Hi Lucas,

Thanks for the reply! Really appreciate. Your right cancelling Mt. Titlis makes no sense, I guess I’ll have to squeeze in harder kulm on the same day I am visiting glacier 3000.

Thanks again

Arno
    15471 posts
    25 May 2017 at 12:04:04 #863827

Harder Kulm is open until the early evening (8:00 PM I believe), so that helps. It will be a long day!

• The thread ‘Visit to Mt. Titlis or Glacier 3000?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.