Mt Titlis ticket with Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 April 2017 at 11:08:13 #811397

Hello,

I am aware that swiss pass offers 50% off on cable ride from engelberg to mt titlis. Does it include all the cable car up till the mountain? Website mentions below route to get to Titlis. IS ice flyer included in the swiss pass?

TITLIS Xpress Engelberg – Trübsee

TITLIS Xpress Trübsee – Stand

Rotair Stand – TITLIS

I am interested in Ice flyer. Where should i buy ticket for the ice flyer ? at engelberg station while purchasing ticket for mt titlis or later once i get up on the titlis.

Website mentions glacier park for all the activities. Where exactly is the glacier park? Is it located on the last stop titlis or its much higher

Please help

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    13 April 2017 at 14:28:27 #861491

Hi Snehap,

The Swiss Travel Pass (not the Swiss Pass, that’s a product for Swiss residents only) provides a 50% discount on the ticket from Engelberg to the top. The Ice Flyer is not included and has to be paid for separately. Please refer to myswissalps.com/titlis /tickets. You can buy your ticket both at the valley and at the top station I think. The Ice Flyer gets you to the Glacier Park.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 April 2017 at 8:07:09 #861492

What is an ice flyer I read about it in one of the posts

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 April 2017 at 9:23:10 #861493

Here is a link to the Ice Flyer on Mt. Titlis…it is a ski chairlift that takes you on a scenic trip up part of the mountain.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 April 2017 at 9:25:09 #861494

If pics say more than words, videos say more than pics!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMB6Y9VOocM

So its a gondola that’s actually an open ‘bench’. A short ride, perhaps 10mins . Not as exciting as I was expecting, but must-do. For CHF12, i would do it again 🙂

Suresh

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 April 2017 at 7:12:16 #861495

Thanks a lot

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 April 2017 at 19:53:38 #861496

Thank you guys for your wonderful suggestions.

After visiting mount titlis , i plan to go to bern from engelberg. SBB wesbite shows luzern engelberg express between engelberg and luzern which has panorama coach. Hope this journey is free with swiss pass with no reservation needed.

Also, how long does it take to get from titlis to engelberg with gondola n cable car together.

Should i buy ice flyer ticket at engelberg station or can buy once on top. At engelberg station, do the regular train ticket counters sell the cable car ticket or theres a seperate ticket counter selling titlis ticket. Hope person at the counter understands english.

Have read about free shuttle bus from station to cable car base. How do i locate the bus?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 April 2017 at 3:36:28 #861497

>> SBB wesbite shows luzern engelberg express between engelberg and luzern which has panorama coach. Hope this journey is free with swiss pass with no reservation needed.

Yes, free with Swiss Travel Pass, and no reservation required.

>> Also, how long does it take to get from titlis to engelberg with gondola n cable car together.

A bit over half an hour. The SBB (Swiss Railways) timetable will tell you this:

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Use “Kleintitlis” as your starting point, and “Engelberg (Talstation Titlis)” as your destination. (Talstation means valley station).

>> Should i buy ice flyer ticket at engelberg station or can buy once on top. At engelberg station, do the regular train ticket counters sell the cable car ticket or theres a seperate ticket counter selling titlis ticket. Hope person at the counter understands english.

I’m not sure whether you can buy them at the railway station, but you can certainly buy them from the Titlis cable car station in Engelberg. If you can speak English, you will have no problems being understood.

>> Have read about free shuttle bus from station to cable car base. How do i locate the bus?

It stops just outside the station. On the page linked below, you can see a photo of the shuttle bus waiting outside Engelberg railway station. You can also download the timetable.

http://www.engelberg.ch/en/ge neral-information/time-tables-free-shuttle-bus/

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 April 2017 at 7:09:16 #861498

-First you take the gondola to Trübsee. There you switch to another gondola to Stand. Both gondolas have large panoramic windows. The last section from Stand to the Titlis (this location is called Kleintitlis) features a revolving cable car. So you change thrice to get there up. But SBB website shows klein titlis to stand to taltitlis station with just 2 change while getting down. Please clarify.

http://www.sbb.ch/en/buying/p ages/fahrplan/fahrplan .xhtml

-Also, what would you recommend- Buying ticket at train station or at the cable car station. Where can i expect less queue.

-Timetable shows first bus at 8.04am and next bus at 8.34am. So i have to wait for 30 mins for next bus from station if i miss one, right?. Any direction on the bus to look for would be great.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 April 2017 at 3:46:10 #861499

>> Timetable shows first bus at 8.04am and next bus at 8.34am. So i have to wait for 30 mins for next bus from station if i miss one, right?

Yes, shuttle buses leave Engelberg station at -00 and -34 past the hour. Trains arrive at -53 past the hour, so you will have a minumum of 7 minutes after the arrival of your train to catch the bus.

Engelberg station is at the end of the line and is very small. When you get off the train, walk ahead to where the front of the train is and keep going into the street outside. That’s where the bus stop is, and it should only take you 2 minutes to get there.

>> Any direction on the bus to look for would be great.

Did you see the photo of the bus waiting outside Engelberg station in the link in my previous post? That is the bus you are looking for. There will be a destination display mentioning Titlis on the front of the bus, and probably also on the side. Any other buses you are likely to see there would be yellow PostBuses and have different destinations displayed on them.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 April 2017 at 8:56:36 #861500

Thank you so much for all the info. Yup, checked the pictures as well.

Since theres just seven minutes time between arrival at engelberg and bus departure. should i buy ticket at the cable car station. I feel i might miss the bus if i go to buy ticket at engelberg station.

Also, how can i view all my forum post ? Please help me locate all my forum post to work on my itinerary. When i click ‘My account’ i am unable to see any of my forum post.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 April 2017 at 15:28:49 #861501

Yes, it might be a good idea to buy the ticket beforehand.

You can see your old forum posts by clicking on your name.:)

Lucas

• The thread ‘Mt Titlis ticket with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.