Mt Titlis & Jungfraujoch from Luzern in 2 days?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 August 2017 at 10:20:30 #813041

hi,

i will be travelling in September and have 2.5 days in lucerne. So is it possible to cover both Mount Titlis and Jungfrau or should I go only one place? Also the chocolate factory tour is one full day or how? I am confused

thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 August 2017 at 14:18:28 #868779

Hi Vasudha12,

Jungfraujoch from Luzern will be a full day, whereas Mt. Titlis would probably be only a 1/2 day from Luzern so you can certainly do both in 2.5 days in Luzern.

The Cailler Chocolate factory is near Broc-Fabrique and can be done as well but it will take some time as well.

Use the Swiss railways timetable here to plan out all your trips around Switzerland.

If you are looking for rail passes have a look here for good descriptions and how to buy them.

Cheers,
    Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 August 2017 at 8:56:08 #868780

My friends wanted to do Matterhorn as well but I feel we don’t have time. So between mount titlis and Matterhorn which is better? Also, can we do a chocolate factory tour in Zurich or lucerne and instead go to Rhien falls on that last day??

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 August 2017 at 11:36:08 #868781

There is the Lindt chocolate factory near Zurich as well as some other options listed here.

I would not try and visit Zermatt to see the Matterhorn from Luzern – it’s about 3 hours each way on a train. But if it is something you all really want to do you could. Use my timetable link in my last post to plan out your trips.

Note you don’t visit the Matterhorn itself. You can visit nearby mountains to get a better view though: (Gornergrat or Klein Matterhorn).

Lucas

• The thread ‘Mt Titlis & Jungfraujoch from Luzern in 2 days?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.