Share a Multipack of 9 O'Clock Travelpasses

Share a Multipack of 9 O'Clock Travelpasses

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
annac01
annac01
5 posts
Feb 27, 2017 - 8:54 AM

Dear Sirs,

I and my friend will travel to Swiss in early June and would like to ask if we both buy a half-fare travelcard, could we also buy a multipack of 9 O'clock travelpass and share the 6 tickets between us? If this works, could we use the 9 o'clock travelpass for the following :

Day 1 (2 June, Friday) - Ship from Luzern Bahnhofgqai to Vitznau, train from Vitnau to Rigi Kulm, cableway from Rig Kaltbad to Weggis and Ship from Weggis back to Luzern

Day 2 (6 June, Tuesday) - Train from Grindelwald to Spiez, Spiez to Bern and Bern to Zermatt

Day 3 (8 June, Thursday) - Train from Zermatt to Nyon, ship from Nyon to Yvoire (France), ship from Yvoire back to Nyon, then train from Nyon to Geneva.

Thank you.

Anna

Lucas
Lucas
8830 posts
expert &
Feb 27, 2017 - 4:02 PM in reply to annac01

Hi Anna and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, you can share the multipack of 9 O'clock travel passes. The pass is valid wherever the half-fare card is valid. Take a look at the map here for coverage of the pass.

Everything is covered on your routes. You often have to travel quite a bit in one day to make the pass worth it over a some point to point tickets, so do the math on days you don't travel too much.

Regards,
Lucas

Last modified on Feb 28, 2017 - 3:03 PM by Arno
Slowpoke
Slowpoke
5006 posts
expert
Feb 28, 2017 - 9:53 AM in reply to annac01

Hi Anna -

We really enjoyed walking around Yvoire in the Spring. Lots of Flowers. Take your camera.

When you descend to Weggis on the Luftseilbahn from Rigi Kaltbad, you will have a 10 -15 minute downhill walk to the Schiffstation. There is no shuttle bus.

Slowpoke

annac01
annac01
5 posts
Mar 1, 2017 - 10:34 AM in reply to Lucas

Thanks Lucas for your reply.

annac01
annac01
5 posts
Mar 1, 2017 - 10:51 AM in reply to Slowpoke

Hi Slowpoke,

I really look forward to my trip to Switzerland. Thanks for the information for Rigi, appreciated.

Anna

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018