Munich To Interlaken To Venice

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 March 2012 at 4:20:51 #805015

Hello,
    I have 2 queries:
    1. I will be travelling from Munich to Interlaken West. I will be taking the Munich – Karlsruhe & Karlsruhe – Interlaken West. The journey from Munich – Karlsruhe will be on Bayern Ticket. I hope thats valid. For the 2nd leg, since I will be taking the Swiss Saver Pass for 1st Class. Can I make my Journey from Karlsruhe – Interlaken West in 1st Class? or do I have wait for the Border Station to make a switch?

2. After 3 days in Interlaken I will be going to Venice. Is there a Overnight Train to Venice? and till where can I claim the Swiss Pass of 1st Class?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 March 2012 at 6:44:42 #835148

Since there is NO Overnight trains from Interlaken to Venice, I was thinking I will use my Last day Swiss Pass (21 April – 24 April) till Chiasso. Do a nightover at some hotel in Chiasso and head early morning to Milano then to Venice. This way I arrrive in Venice fresh in the morning / early afternoon of 25 April. Good Idea? Or is there a better alternative to stay somewhere in Switzerland (on the route of Interlaken to Milan

Annika
    7116 posts
    5 March 2012 at 12:02:55 #835149

Hello manju.rn, and welcome! The trip from Karlsruhe to Interlaken West requires a change of trains in Basel anyway. With your 1st class Swiss Saver Pass, you can make your trip Basel-Interlaken in 1st class. Whether this is possible for the leg Karlsruhe-Basel too, depends on the conditions of the Bayern Ticket you mentioned.

As for your trip to Venice: you can complete it in one day if you like; it takes about 7 hours. Most train connections will take you via Brig and Domodossola (your Swiss Saver Pass will be valid up to Domodossola; please refer to the validity map we link to from the Swiss Pass page). You could plan an overnight stay in Domossola.

There’s a route via Lucerne and Chiasso too, but that one takes longer. A stay in Lugano or Locarno (both close to the Swiss-Italian border) can be recommended if you prefer this route.

The timetable will provide further details.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 March 2012 at 15:46:18 #835150

Thanks.
    1. But the DB-Bahn site shows that the only change of train is in Karlsruhe. There is no change of train from Karlsruhe to Interlaken. Am I looking at a different train?

2. I will have a reservation in 1st class from Munich to Basel Bad. But how about reservation from Basel to Interlaken? With the Swiss pass how to I log in and make reservation so that I do not have to change the places (if both leg of journey is in 1st Class). Please advise.
    München Hbf Sa, 21.04.12 dep 06:48 19 IC 2266 Intercity
    Bicycles conveyed – subject to reservation, Number of bicycles conveyed limited, BordbistroKarlsruhe Hbf Sa, 21.04.12 arr 09:5
    —–
    Transfer time 7 min. Adjust the transfer time Karlsruhe Hbf Sa, 21.04.12 dep 10:00 2 ICE 373 Intercity-Express
    Bordrestaurant Interlaken West Sa, 21.04.12 arr 13:51 1

Annika
    7116 posts
    6 March 2012 at 5:54:35 #835151

Hello manju.nr! The DB website also shows a change of trains in Basel (you have to click one of the connections in order to see details). Seat reservation for Basel-Interlaken isn’t necessary. With your Swiss Pass, you can just get on board in Basel in any 1st class coach.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 March 2012 at 19:49:20 #835152

I got the 4 days pass from Swissrail.co.in. Delivery within 2 Days! Great!
    However there is no date specified in the pass. Does it begin when I start my joourney and the pass gets validated at Border station?
    I am travelling from Munich to Interlaken – Is Basel Bad Bf or Basel SBB is the border station. Since I can only buy ticket from Munich till there.

Arno
    15483 posts
    15 March 2012 at 3:14:53 #835153

Hi manju.rn,

We don’t work with that website so I’m not sure how validation works. You can best ask them. The border station is Basel Bad Bf.

• The thread ‘Munich To Interlaken To Venice’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.