Munich to Zurich by train: how to do tax refund?

• cheeseburger
    Participant
    2 posts
    9 July 2022 at 8:24:57 #827721

Hi guys,

Am trying to do a tax refund for goods purchased in Germany.

Am travelling from Munich to Zurich by train, where would I get the custom stamp? So that I can go to Global Blue at Zurich airport when I finally fly home?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6355 posts
    9 July 2022 at 9:59:19 #944102

Hi cheeseburger,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

You can get your custom stamp at the border. You probably have to get off at either Lindau or Bregenz. Sometimes you can get the stamps onboard but this is not always guaranteed.

Regards,

Anna

cheeseburger
    Participant
    2 posts
    10 July 2022 at 16:31:20 #944103

thanks Anna,

So it means I need to get a ticket from Munich to Bregenz, then buy another ticket from Bregenz to Zurich, since I dont think the train from Munich would wait for me to get the custom stamp.

Anna
    6355 posts
    11 July 2022 at 14:52:19 #944104

Hi cheeseburger,

Instead of getting 2 separate tickets, perhaps you can get a flexible ticket that will allow you to get off at Bregenz and then continue your journey on the next available train to Zurich.

You can find information about tickets from /to Germany here: http://www.myswissalps.com/traintickets/germany

Regards,

Anna

• The thread ‘Munich to Zurich by train: how to do tax refund?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.