Mürren to Gimmelwald in April

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 February 2020 at 0:08:21 #825316

I am planning do the circle trip from Lauterbrunnen via Grutschalp. Murren, Gimmelwlald, Stechelberg, and bus back in late April. Would it be possible to do the walk from Murren to Gimmelwald in April and would it be safe for a woman alone? Kathy

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    23 February 2020 at 3:13:35 #930669

Hi Kathy,

If the track is open it would be safe. But whether the track will be open will depend on prevailing weather conditions I would think. You would need to check locally.

I’m not sure what “late April” means exactly but note that if you have ideas of going to Schilthorn you need to be aware the cable car is not operating between 20th to 24th April.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 February 2020 at 3:41:10 #930670

Yes, I am aware and not planning on Schilthorn. I am there 24 & 25 and will do this 25th depending on weather forecasts and in case I change my mind about Schilthorn. If track to Gimmelwald is not open, I will use the cable car.

• The thread ‘Mürren to Gimmelwald in April’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.