Murren to Interlaken – earliest departure

• Drtrupper
    Participant
    23 posts
    13 September 2018 at 5:08:27 #818332

We are wanting to catch an early train out of Interlaken. How early can we leave Murren and arrive in Interlaken? Found rail from Lauterbrunnen to Interlaken starting at 6AM but can’t find anything from Murren to Lauterbrunnen. Looking at June time period.

Also, after much research we’ve decided to drop off our vehicle at the Zurich airport after our 10 days of travel throughout Germany and Austria and utilize the Swiss trains for the balance of our trip! I’m excited to experience it! We are going Zurich to Luzern for a few days then onto to Murren for 4 days then back to Zurich. If anyone has any tips for the train travel on this route please pass them along. Definitely going to purchase a pass. Working thru determining which one works best for us. I’m way ahead of making plans so I’ve got time!

Appreciate your help w/ this!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 September 2018 at 9:01:31 #896091

Hi Drtrupper and welcome to MySwissAlps!

The Swiss railways timetable can give you all train departure and connection options (however the schedule beyond Dec.9 has not been released yet). But current schedules won’t change much. Currently there is a 06:06 first train departure from Murren. http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

The timetable will help you plan your train trips around the country – it always defaults to the quickest route options. To read more about traveling by train in Switzerland look here: http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain

And, if you haven’t seen it yet, look at our rail pass comparison page here to help you choose the best pass for your itinerary: http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass

Drtrupper
    Participant
    23 posts
    13 September 2018 at 12:55:29 #896092

Thanks for your prompt response. I’ll explore using the timetable page again. When I tried it last night it kept changing Murren to Murrhardt (my spelling may be wrong as going from memory) and giving me a 6 hour ride which I knew wasn’t correct. I could get it to work from Lauterbrunnen to Interlaken but not Murren. I’ll try again. Thanks for the other links as well. I’ve been utilizing this site and people’s post and comments to help plan our trip. Great resource and much appreciated.

Arno
    15483 posts
    13 September 2018 at 15:20:25 #896093

Hi Drtrupper,

Murren is indeed not spelled correctly, although in many cases the timetable would understand. In this case you’ll have to use the correct spelling though: either Mürren or Muerren. You’ll then get all the details for your trip.

Enjoy your journeys!

JB5710
    Participant
    3 posts
    14 September 2018 at 22:22:32 #896094

The train leaves Murren at 6:06am.

Use the SBB Mobile App for your phone to route all of your train, bus, cable cars and boat travel. A very good app!.This will solve all of almost all of your travel schedule questions.

Drtrupper
    Participant
    23 posts
    14 September 2018 at 22:52:41 #896095

Found the schedule and got it to work perfectly w/ your help above. Also downloaded the app and can’t wait to explore and utilize it! Thanks all for your help!

• The thread ‘Murren to Interlaken – earliest departure’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.