Murren to Zermatt round trip in one day?

• Kweinheimer
    Participant
    8 posts
    25 March 2018 at 22:14:19 #814955

We are staying in Murren.

Is it possible to go round trip to Zermatt in one day allowing for sight seeing along the way?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    26 March 2018 at 0:36:47 #879804

You can certainly get travel from Mürren to Zermatt and back in a day. How much sight seeing depends on when you leave and when want to get back.

Use the Swiss Train Timetable (http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable) to work out how long the trip will take.

At least one direction you should consider going via Kandersteg. It will add about 1 hour on top of the faster route but will avoid the quite long Lötschberg Base Tunnel as you will travel between Spiez and Brig on the Regio-Express Lötschberger train over the traditional, more than 100 year old scenic mountain route, giving you a wonderful view along the impressive peaks and down into the Rhone Valley.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    26 March 2018 at 1:00:01 #879805

Hi Rockoyster-

<<“t will add about 1 hour on top of the faster route but will avoid the quite long Lötschberg Base Tunnel and travel between Spiez and Brig on the Regio-Express Lötschberger train over the traditional, more than 100 year old scenic mountain route, giving you a wonderful view along the impressive peaks and down into the Rhone Valley.”>>

Seems a bit unclear. How will it avoid travel between Spiez and Brig on the Lötschberger?

Slowpoke

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    26 March 2018 at 1:04:52 #879806

Hello Slowpoke old chap. I missed a couple of words out. Now fixed. I am indebted to your sharp eyes.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    26 March 2018 at 1:08:40 #879807

G’day Rockoyster-

<<“Hello Slowpoke old chap. I missed a couple of words out. Now fixed. I am indebted to your sharp eyes.”>>

Please return the favor when appropriate. You will surely have some opportunities. 😉

Slowpoke

Kweinheimer
    Participant
    8 posts
    26 March 2018 at 3:38:04 #879808

Thank you to both of you . . . This information will prove valuable as we make the most of our time.

• The thread ‘Murren to Zermatt round trip in one day?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.