My itinerary with help from MySwissAlps for 3 days

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 March 2018 at 14:48:56 #814819

Day 1 , Mt Tiltis and in the evening around Lucerne

Day 2 , Lake Lucerne, Mt Rigi and in the evening Mt Schilthorn

Day 3 , Mt Pilatus and in the evening go around Interlaken ( although we will touch interlaken by train while going to Schilthorn)

or

Day 3 , Mt Pilatus and in the evening go around any villages near Lucerne with short commute

experts, please advice me . Do you think Day 2 will be hard to cover 3 places , if not please give your suggestions

Thanks a ton to this group

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    17 March 2018 at 19:04:03 #879033

Hi Euro2018

You’ve probably mentioned this in your other threads, but when is this, and where is your accommodation each night?

Either way, with only 3 days to spend I’d skip Interlaken. There is not much to see on town.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 March 2018 at 19:06:40 #879034

July and lucerne as the base for all three nights

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    17 March 2018 at 19:45:40 #879035

When you say “evening Mt Schilthorn” you do realise that it will take 3.5 to 4 hours to get back to Luzern from Schilthorn?

Schilthorn is really a whole day excursion from Luzern. There is much to see in the Jungfrau Region.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 March 2018 at 8:21:16 #879036

Hi Euro2018,

I don’t think there is a need to see all 3 mountains…I’d do something like this:

Day 1: Lake Lucerne, Mt Rigi and the evening in Lucerne
    Day 2: Schilthorn (check weather that morning to make sure it looks good) & spend extra time exploring Murren or Lauterbrunnen before heading home to Lucerne.
    Day 3: Mt. Titlis if you really want to check it out… OR spend the day exploring Lucerne or visit Bern or Thun.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    18 March 2018 at 8:47:35 #879037

When you go to Schilthorn a very nice circuit to do is to Grütschalp (cable car), Mürren (cogwheel train), Gimmelwald (cable car), Stechelberg (cable car), Lauterbrunnen (bus). From Mürren you head up to Schiltorn. If you have time there is also a funicular from Mürren up to Allmendhubel.

In between Stechelberg and Lauterbrunnen the bus stops at the Trummelbach Falls which is well worth a look. You won’t have any problem filling a day.

Arno
    15484 posts
    18 March 2018 at 11:24:19 #879038

Note that mountain trips in the evenings are mostly not possible in Switzerland. So double check the timetable for that. Most mountain transport pretty much shuts down between 5 and 6 PM. From the top of my mind Mount Rigi is an exception and the trains there operate until a little later. The Schilthorn cable cars operate until about 6 PM, with in summer two more descends around 7:30 and 8:30 PM.

• The thread ‘My itinerary with help from MySwissAlps for 3 days’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.