My itinerary with help from MySwissAlps for 3 days

My itinerary with help from MySwissAlps for 3 days

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Euro2018
Euro2018
25 posts
Mar 17, 2018 - 2:48 PM

Day 1 , Mt Tiltis and in the evening around Lucerne

Day 2 , Lake Lucerne, Mt Rigi and in the evening Mt Schilthorn

Day 3 , Mt Pilatus and in the evening go around Interlaken ( although we will touch interlaken by train while going to Schilthorn)

or

Day 3 , Mt Pilatus and in the evening go around any villages near Lucerne with short commute

experts, please advice me . Do you think Day 2 will be hard to cover 3 places , if not please give your suggestions

Thanks a ton to this group

Arno
Arno
10365 posts
expert &
Mar 17, 2018 - 7:04 PM in reply to Euro2018

Hi Euro2018

You've probably mentioned this in your other threads, but when is this, and where is your accommodation each night?

Either way, with only 3 days to spend I'd skip Interlaken. There is not much to see on town.

Last modified on Mar 17, 2018 - 7:05 PM by Arno
Euro2018
Euro2018
25 posts
Mar 17, 2018 - 7:06 PM in reply to Arno

July and lucerne as the base for all three nights

rockoyster
rockoyster
3409 posts
expert
Mar 17, 2018 - 7:45 PM in reply to Euro2018

When you say “evening Mt Schilthorn” you do realise that it will take 3.5 to 4 hours to get back to Luzern from Schilthorn?

Schilthorn is really a whole day excursion from Luzern. There is much to see in the Jungfrau Region.

Lucas
Lucas
5662 posts
expert &
Mar 18, 2018 - 8:21 AM in reply to Euro2018

Hi Euro2018,

I don't think there is a need to see all 3 mountains...I'd do something like this:

Day 1: Lake Lucerne, Mt Rigi and the evening in Lucerne
Day 2: Schilthorn (check weather that morning to make sure it looks good) & spend extra time exploring Murren or Lauterbrunnen before heading home to Lucerne.
Day 3: Mt. Titlis if you really want to check it out... OR spend the day exploring Lucerne or visit Bern or Thun.

Last modified on Mar 18, 2018 - 8:24 AM by Lucas
rockoyster
rockoyster
3409 posts
expert
Mar 18, 2018 - 8:47 AM in reply to Euro2018

When you go to Schilthorn a very nice circuit to do is to Grütschalp (cable car), Mürren (cogwheel train), Gimmelwald (cable car), Stechelberg (cable car), Lauterbrunnen (bus). From Mürren you head up to Schiltorn. If you have time there is also a funicular from Mürren up to Allmendhubel.

In between Stechelberg and Lauterbrunnen the bus stops at the Trummelbach Falls which is well worth a look. You won't have any problem filling a day.

Arno
Arno
10365 posts
expert &
Mar 18, 2018 - 11:24 AM

Note that mountain trips in the evenings are mostly not possible in Switzerland. So double check the timetable for that. Most mountain transport pretty much shuts down between 5 and 6 PM. From the top of my mind Mount Rigi is an exception and the trains there operate until a little later. The Schilthorn cable cars operate until about 6 PM, with in summer two more descends around 7:30 and 8:30 PM.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018