9 days in Zurich, Grindelwald, Montreux & Geneva

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2018 at 16:46:08 #815831

Hi

We are a couple travelling to Switzerland in june 2018. We love to explore the streets of a new city and the food. ( we do not wish to see the museums.)We will be staying in Zurich, Grindlewald, Montreaux and geneva and making day trips to other places. We plan to take the Swiss rail pass for 8 days. We will be glad to receive any advice or extra information. This is our itinerary….

Day 1 – land in Zurich (early morning)

Explore Zurich city or a half day tour to Liechtenstein.

Day 2 _ day trip to Lucerne ,

Englebert ,Mt. Titlis

Day 3 – day trip to Interlaken

Explore jungfrau region

Day 4 – Grindlewald

Explore town and Wengen. stay in Grindlewald.

Day 5- day trip to Zermatt

Matterhorn

Day 6- Montreaux

Explore montreaux ..Lausanne…

Stay in montreaux

Day 7 – day trip to Chamonix

Mount Blanc

Day 8 – Geneva

explore Geneva

Stay in geneva

Day 9 – departure from Geneva

Most of the trains will be covered by The Swiss Rail Pass…But we wanted to know if we need to make prior reservation for the cable cars for mountains or we can get them in the spot. Also I wanted to know from where can we Do The Mountain Coaster Or Alpine Slide. Any Extra Information Is Most Welcome.

Thankyou.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2018 at 19:39:55 #884621

Hi Amn598,

It’s not needed to make reservations for trains, only for a few scenic train trips. There is an Alpine coaster at the Glacier3000 (http://www.glacier3000.ch/en/ excursions/activities/ alpine-coaster).

Not sure what kind of information you’re looking for, but we do have a lot on our website:

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 May 2018 at 8:35:59 #884622

Thankyou so much

Appreciate your help.👍

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 May 2018 at 10:16:31 #884623

Hi Chantal

On 14th June I will reach Grindlewald around 12:00 pm. I want to explore the nearby places on this day and come back to Grindelwaldin time for dinner . I want to do the Slide in Kandersteg. I have read that train journey to Kandersteg is of two hours from Grindlewald.

I wanted to know…

1. How far is the Gondola for the Slide from the Kandersteg railway station.

2. Are there multiple gondolas going to different places from there. If yes then which gondola should we take to go up as our main aim is to take the Slide down the Alps.

3. Is the Oeschinensee lake on top. Is it possible to see the lake and then go down the Slide. After the Slide we have to take the train back again. How far is the train station from the point where our ride ends?

4. On our way back we would like to explore the town of Spiez, Interlaken or Wengen ( any 2 of these). Which of these is the best and easily doable. We just want to walk around the towns for 1 hr may be and then head back.

Will it be possible to do all this in 1 day that we have.

thankyou

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 May 2018 at 19:10:49 #884624

Hi Amn598,

You can find details on the toboggan here: https://www.oeschinens ee.ch/en/summer/alpine -slide It shows how to reach the slide from Kandersteg. The slide is above the lake I believe not too close to it – you may see it though but I haven’t been there.

If you are heading back to Grindelwald all are on the way. Wengen or Interlaken would be the easiest.

It depends on how long you stay at Kandersteg / Oeschinensee but I don’t think it is too long a day. Use the timetable to plan it all out.

• The thread ‘9 days in Zurich, Grindelwald, Montreux & Geneva’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.