• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 May 2017 at 20:58:45 #811639

Hi all I have planned my trip as

1st day zurich sightseeing and rhinne falls

2nd day mt titlis day tour from zurich

3rd day bernina express

is the plan correct? and do i need swiss pass for all these or I can book directly? I was planning to book guided day tours for mt titlis and bernina express. I wanted to know your suggestion.

Thanks in advance.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    2 May 2017 at 2:38:36 #862618

Hi Reema-

How will you take the Bernina Express? Where will you start and where will you finish? In fact, to help us help you …where do you start and where do you finish your trip entire 3 day trip?

Do you have a base city? Or, will you stay at various places?

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 May 2017 at 5:52:38 #862619

Ya my base city is Zurich . I planned the mount Tiflis from Zurich. But I am not sure about the Bernina express. So I am asking for suggestion.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 May 2017 at 5:53:58 #862620

Actually in Zurich staying is too costly but I couldn’t find any better place to stay because all the tours most of it operate from zurich

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 May 2017 at 6:53:42 #862621

Hi Reema,

It is a very long day if you try and take the Bernina Express from Zurich and return to Zurich at night – most tours are multi-day tours. The train to Chur is about 1.5 hours, then the Bernina Express trip itself is about 4 hours (departure times depend on the day but often around 09:00). From Tirano back to Zurich will take about 6 hours.

You can learn more about the Bernina Express (including a link to the Bernina Express site for schedules here). You can also search for all train schedules on the Swiss railways timetable here.

Lucas

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
  • The thread ‘My 3 day Swiss itinerary – suggestions please’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.