My 3 day Swiss itinerary - suggestions please

My 3 day Swiss itinerary - suggestions please

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Reema1503
Reema1503
11 posts
May 1, 2017 - 8:58 PM

Hi all I have planned my trip as

1st day zurich sightseeing and rhinne falls

2nd day mt titlis day tour from zurich

3rd day bernina express

is the plan correct? and do i need swiss pass for all these or I can book directly? I was planning to book guided day tours for mt titlis and bernina express. I wanted to know your suggestion.

Thanks in advance.

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
4486 posts
expert
May 2, 2017 - 2:38 AM in reply to Reema1503

Hi Reema-

How will you take the Bernina Express? Where will you start and where will you finish? In fact, to help us help you ...where do you start and where do you finish your trip entire 3 day trip?

Do you have a base city? Or, will you stay at various places?

Slowpoke

Last modified on May 2, 2017 - 2:39 AM by Slowpoke
Reema1503
Reema1503
11 posts
May 2, 2017 - 5:52 AM in reply to Slowpoke

Ya my base city is Zurich . I planned the mount Tiflis from Zurich. But I am not sure about the Bernina express. So I am asking for suggestion.

Reema1503
Reema1503
11 posts
May 2, 2017 - 5:53 AM in reply to Slowpoke

Actually in Zurich staying is too costly but I couldn't find any better place to stay because all the tours most of it operate from zurich

Lucas
Lucas
5516 posts
expert &
May 2, 2017 - 6:53 AM in reply to Reema1503

Hi Reema,

It is a very long day if you try and take the Bernina Express from Zurich and return to Zurich at night - most tours are multi-day tours. The train to Chur is about 1.5 hours, then the Bernina Express trip itself is about 4 hours (departure times depend on the day but often around 09:00). From Tirano back to Zurich will take about 6 hours.

You can learn more about the Bernina Express (including a link to the Bernina Express site for schedules here). You can also search for all train schedules on the Swiss railways timetable here.

Lucas

Last modified on May 2, 2017 - 6:54 PM by Arno
Slowpoke
Slowpoke
4486 posts
expert
May 2, 2017 - 8:57 AM in reply to Reema1503

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018